Work Permit Refused.

Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:23 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permit Refused.

Surely any new ruling is for new LMO's and not for a renewal??? Or is that the catch???

Last edited by purple80; Apr 24th 2009 at 3:26 am.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:23 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=new+lmo

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=new+rules+lmo

Hope this helps
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:25 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry hun if there is anything I can do just ask
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=lmo

Here's a thread to look at.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

Hubby's LMO is only valid for the dates on in TWP. Have to apply for a new LMO in order to apply for a new/extension to his TWP.

Had to go through it once - hoping to get pr before having to do it again!!

Don't know about the maintaining status bit, but I do know that had we done the POE bit, we would only have paid for the WP. My visitor's visa (and the kids) would have been issued automatically.

As we opted to not do this (due to work commitments) we had to pay for all 5 visas.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by purple80
Surely any new ruling is for new LMO's and not for a renewal??? Or is that the catch???
All work permit applications whether new or extensions require a valid positive LMO (some exceptions obviously).
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:35 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
So, they have to advertise for 14 days AND then ,make the LMO application. Or advertise for 14 days, then wait 3 months and then make the LMO application?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
Hubby's LMO is only valid for the dates on in TWP. Have to apply for a new LMO in order to apply for a new/extension to his TWP.

Had to go through it once - hoping to get pr before having to do it again!!

Don't know about the maintaining status bit, but I do know that had we done the POE bit, we would only have paid for the WP. My visitor's visa (and the kids) would have been issued automatically.

As we opted to not do this (due to work commitments) we had to pay for all 5 visas.
I still do not understand how we got round this then? We only went to Buffalo last month. Our current WP was still valid (2 weeks left on it) we had our original LMO (valid until March 2010).

We went to the Consulate in Buffalo and applied in person for new WP, we had to take all the paperwork we had originally at POE last year. We were given a letter to take to IO at POE, drove back to Niagara, handed letter to IO. Who then issued OH and I with new WP's and extended the children's visitor records.

We did not need to renew LMO.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
So, they have to advertise for 14 days AND then ,make the LMO application. Or advertise for 14 days, then wait 3 months and then make the LMO application?
Advertise for 14 days and wait 3 months before applying for LMO (the 3 months could include the 14 days though - I think)
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:39 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=purple80;7510826]I still do not understand how we got round this then? We only went to Buffalo last month. Our current WP was still valid (2 weeks left on it) we had our original LMO (valid until March 2010).

We went to the Consulate in Buffalo and applied in person for new WP, we had to take all the paperwork we had originally at POE last year. We were given a letter to take to IO at POE, drove back to Niagara, handed letter to IO. Who then issued OH and I with new WP's and extended the children's visitor records.

[/QUOTE

How long is your new WP valid for? Just a year until the LMO runs out?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I still do not understand how we got round this then? We only went to Buffalo last month. Our current WP was still valid (2 weeks left on it) we had our original LMO (valid until March 2010).

So how long did they extend (or issue new) work permit for? Your LMO was still valid, so maybe that's why.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

It doesn't say wait 3 months anywhere...what it says is the advertising for the position must have taken place in the 3 months prior to the application being submitted.

I.e. they couldn't have advertised the position 6 months ago for a couple of weeks and then try and submit an application now. The advertising has to have been done recently.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Lloydies
All work permit applications whether new or extensions require a valid positive LMO (some exceptions obviously).
Yes, but that does mean that you need to apply for new one, even if you have a positive LMO that has not expired.

Does the new ruling mean that any one applying for an extension/change to a WP needs to apply for a new LMO, under the new rules for LMO's.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Lloydies
So how long did they extend (or issue new) work permit for? Your LMO was still valid, so maybe that's why.
Another year, March 2010..... Our PR application has just gone in!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:47 am

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;7510833]

[/QUOTE

How long is your new WP valid for? Just a year until the LMO runs out?
Yes just another year, has your LMO expired?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.