Work Permit Questions and Stress!

Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

willmeredith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Questions and Stress!

Hi All,

I currently have a 1 year temporary working visa for Canada - this expires in January 2009. I am looking to move to Canada permanently, thus the permanent residence skilled worker application has come up, but looking on the internet this takes 29months to process in London. Is this the only way to do it? Is there not another way for me to continue to work in Canada for my 1 year work permit and stay there?

Im back in the UK at the moment for a couple of months and plan on returning to Canada in September to continue to work there until the end of January when my permit expires, I would ideally like to stay in Canada to work and live after that. I am a graduate and I (almost) have 1 years worth of experience as a GIS technician which comes under the skilled worker category. I am planning on pursuing this type of job (hopefully) when I get back to Vancouver in September.

Any help would be brilliant is this is quite a heavy worry on my mind.

Thanks

Will
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Work Permit Questions and Stress!

Originally Posted by willmeredith
Hi All,

I currently have a 1 year temporary working visa for Canada - this expires in January 2009. I am looking to move to Canada permanently, thus the permanent residence skilled worker application has come up, but looking on the internet this takes 29months to process in London. Is this the only way to do it? Is there not another way for me to continue to work in Canada for my 1 year work permit and stay there?

Im back in the UK at the moment for a couple of months and plan on returning to Canada in September to continue to work there until the end of January when my permit expires, I would ideally like to stay in Canada to work and live after that. I am a graduate and I (almost) have 1 years worth of experience as a GIS technician which comes under the skilled worker category. I am planning on pursuing this type of job (hopefully) when I get back to Vancouver in September.

Any help would be brilliant is this is quite a heavy worry on my mind.

Thanks

Will
if you desire to stay in Canada you can extend your Work Permit.
But you can't do that unless your employer apply for a LMO or for a renewal of LMO.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Questions and Stress!

There is lots of info in the WIKI (blue tab at top of the page) about fast tracking your PR application. It would be a good starting point for you.