Work permit query

Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit query

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find the list of occupations on the CIC website that allow your spouse to work as well. I have seen the list before but I cannot find it anywhere now.
Many thanks,
Dave.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit query

Originally Posted by daveh123
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can find the list of occupations on the CIC website that allow your spouse to work as well. I have seen the list before but I cannot find it anywhere now.
Many thanks,
Dave.
Dave

as long as your occupation is with skill type O, A or B your spouse can get a SOWP and I think that this is the list you mean.

There is also a table formatted one too but can't seem to find it

gaynor
x
Edited to add :

Have also found this explanation booklet scroll to page 7 re spouses working

Last edited by burton bunch; Jul 13th 2007 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Gaynor

Thanks for the reply. Yes I remember reading the table-style list before, which did list my occupation as one where a spouse can also work. The only info I can find now on the CIC website says that any spouse has to apply for their own LMO, work permit etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...work-faq08.asp

I am hoping to receive my LMO anytime so will be applying for the work permit soon.

I think I am starting to worry as I have left things to the last minute as usual!!

Thanks.
Dave.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:28 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Dave and Gay, perhaps you're thinking of the National Occupational Classification Matrix.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Dave and Gay, perhaps you're thinking of the National Occupational Classification Matrix.
Judy

Exactly what I was thinking of - this time I have saved the damn thing

GAY
X
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Gaynor

Thanks for the reply. Yes I remember reading the table-style list before, which did list my occupation as one where a spouse can also work. The only info I can find now on the CIC website says that any spouse has to apply for their own LMO, work permit etc.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...work-faq08.asp

I am hoping to receive my LMO anytime so will be applying for the work permit soon.

I think I am starting to worry as I have left things to the last minute as usual!!

Thanks.
Dave.
Dave

my hubby is a chartered accountant and i obtained a spousal open work permit of my own based on his WP. I am free to work for anyone except in Education and the Health Sector

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Judy, Ill save it also!

Gaynor, is the Health sector not covered under this area? I have tried to research this before but struggled for any clear info. My girlfriend has just sat her Occupational Therapy exam in Calgary and will be applying for jobs. Will she have to go down the LMO route?

Dave.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Judy, Ill save it also!

Gaynor, is the Health sector not covered under this area? I have tried to research this before but struggled for any clear info. My girlfriend has just sat her Occupational Therapy exam in Calgary and will be applying for jobs. Will she have to go down the LMO route?

Dave.

You know Dave I think she probably would have to, purely as it is in the Health Sector she will need to do a medical to obtain the WP after LMO decision has been made.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Gaynor Ill look into it. It might not make much difference as she could'nt apply for jobs really until she passed the exam and registered with the Alberta health board.