work permit processing times

Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Ofish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

I have submitted all docs and forms and received file number.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:25 am
Just Joined

roll_69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ofish
I have submitted all docs and forms and received file number.
If you have a file no. and acknowledgement from CNRBC then I guess your good to go.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:26 am
Just Joined

to roll_69,
thanks
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

renee74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
as part of the application for the work permit you have to enclose a copy of the letter which is sent to you from CRNBC stating you are eligable to practice. You don't actually have to be registered with them yet, you just have to prove that you meet their requirements.this held up mapplication for ages as i was waiting for references from my university to be sent to CRNBC so that they could verify my qualification. Hope this helps!! Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi renee74,
Thanks for help.After my request to the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv I got this message

"Dear Sir,

You can start the process of your work permit. If registration with the
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia is one of the
requirements from HRDC, work permit will be issued upon receipt of this
document.

Sincerely,
Visa & Immigration Section"

What do you think ,need I apply right now or probably is better for me to complete the registration process with CRNBC at first?(but I afraid from wasting time)I don't know what to do

Appreciate for any advice!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Hi renee74,
Thanks for help.After my request to the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv I got this message

"Dear Sir,

You can start the process of your work permit. If registration with the
College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia is one of the
requirements from HRDC, work permit will be issued upon receipt of this
document.

Sincerely,
Visa & Immigration Section"

What do you think ,need I apply right now or probably is better for me to complete the registration process with CRNBC at first?(but I afraid from wasting time)I don't know what to do

Appreciate for any advice!
Hi it took me over three months to get my registration, but i suppose it may be worth at least sending off an application form, if there is anything missing from your application they ask you to forward it on within 60 days or they close your file. its a gamble but it could pay off!! Alternatively if you look on the CIC website for your local immigration office office in Tel Aviv there should be an e-mail address if you send your question to them they respond within a couple of days. i sent a question about my passport and they replied within 24 hours. sothat may be worth a try. hope you get it sorted.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by renee74
... if there is anything missing from your application they ask you to forward it on within 60 days or they close your file...
Hi,about 60 days do you mean registration with CRNBC or work permit?

thanks
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi,about 60 days do you mean registration with CRNBC or work permit?

thanks
When cic requested a copy of my LMO they said if they did not recieve it within 60 days my file (for work permit) would be closed. Meaning that i would have to re-submit another application and pay again!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:42 am

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone ,

i have not posted on this thread for a while.i just wanted to let other people know that my hubby,the kids and i are still waiting on our authorisation letter for our work permit in alberta.
we are now on week 16!!!!

cic have been in touch and have told us that the letter is complete but they wont release it untill a fee of $125 is paid for my (almost 5yr old) son.
we have now done this (on the same day) and still waiting .it is ANOTHER 3 weeks later and still NOTHING!!!!

we cant find a way of contacting anyone by telephone but have sent a fax!

i know this is not good news for some but at the same time its better to be aware of the delays etc!

im so jealous of some people who are going to other provinces and getting their letters within 4 ish weeks....you are all very lucky!

this is so stressful ,i dont wish this on anyone !
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by renee74
When cic requested a copy of my LMO they said if they did not recieve it within 60 days my file (for work permit) would be closed. Meaning that i would have to re-submit another application and pay again!!!
we were also told this when we accidentally never sent the lmo!
this could be why it is taking so long for us !
although we do know they got the lmo because they told us the letter was complete except for the study permit!we would have sent the study permit fee at the same time if we had known it was required.we had checked the website and authorities and were led to beleive we did not need a study permit!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunniflat
we were also told this when we accidentally never sent the lmo!
this could be why it is taking so long for us !
although we do know they got the lmo because they told us the letter was complete except for the study permit!we would have sent the study permit fee at the same time if we had known it was required.we had checked the website and authorities and were led to beleive we did not need a study permit!

Dunniflat- my heart goes out to you. I can't really beleive this business over the study permit. It says quite categorically on CIC website that it is not needed at all, anywhere for kindergarten. The same will happen to us.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:18 am

thanks gryph,

i know you understand our problem !i just hope things go smoother for you !
good luck and i will post when i have more news!
angela x
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Hi just to let you know we received 2 work permits 2 study permits in 2weeks & 2 days, just could not belive it when they were delivered. We took them down to London and we were so glad we did they have a lady there who only deals with work permits. She could not have been more helpful she checked everything for us made sure it was all correct. Brilliant.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Hi just to let you know we received 2 work permits 2 study permits in 2weeks & 2 days, just could not belive it when they were delivered. We took them down to London and we were so glad we did they have a lady there who only deals with work permits. She could not have been more helpful she checked everything for us made sure it was all correct. Brilliant.
Looks like a trip to London will be in order when I submit mine

Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.