work permit processing times

Old May 17th 2007, 4:05 am
Just Joined

steviemac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

[QUOTE=bear-diesel;4790089]Don' panic, don't panic
Mine had just gone into the 9th week when it came
jo

so what was the date you got your papers?
Old May 17th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light

If you have already submitted your WP to London and paid the relevent fees, and like a lot of people are 7+ weeks waiting. You decide to jump on a plane and get them at POE (if they let you). Do you have to pay again?
Old May 17th 2007, 11:33 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poll72000
If you have already submitted your WP to London and paid the relevent fees, and like a lot of people are 7+ weeks waiting. You decide to jump on a plane and get them at POE (if they let you). Do you have to pay again?
Yes
Old May 17th 2007, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

happy_squid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby informs me that my TWP approval arrived today, about two months since I posted it...
Handy seeing as I've been in work a week after getting my permit at POE (Winnipeg airport), shame I couldn't get the other fees back...
Still, the job is good and my colleagues are really nice, all I need is OH here soon.
squid
Old May 17th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

[QUOTE=steviemac1;4793780]
Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Don' panic, don't panic
Mine had just gone into the 9th week when it came
jo

so what was the date you got your papers?
Posted the 9th March to CIC
i recieved med request for Wp on the 30th April--the start of the 9th week. I think maybe it took this lnog as Easter was in the middle of these dates
jo
Old May 17th 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

The processing in London has been slow over the past few months but it is happening. The medical exam slows it down substantially if you need one. Mine took 3 months to be approved.
Old May 17th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by donwauchope
The processing in London has been slow over the past few months but it is happening. The medical exam slows it down substantially if you need one. Mine took 3 months to be approved.
Hi
Is that 3 months in total or three months after your med?
jo
Old May 19th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

Hi all, Ours finally arrived this morning just a couple of days short of 8 weeks since CIC London recieved it. Im soooooo pleased.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice

LMO = 4 days
WP posted 16th march 07 , got WP's 19th may 07
i had to put the year in there to as it takes so long!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

OUR WORK PERMIT LETTER CAME TODAY !!!!

We applied on the 12th of March so it was 10 and a half weeks

Flights now booked for next Friday, House should complete the following Monday.

Very happy bunny.

Good luck for those waiting , it does happen eventually !!!!
Old May 29th 2007, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

just a quick note to those of you who got your work permits at POE? how did you pay? cash, credit card or cheque/bankers draft??
Old May 29th 2007, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

I used my credit card, they seemed to prefer it.
squid
Old May 29th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

And what type of information did you's take with you?

Offer letter, lmo, CV, references, ed certs.
Filled out work permit applications.

Do you need photographs with you?
Old May 31st 2007, 10:24 am
Just Joined

I had my offer letter and a supporting letter from the Manitoba Labour and Immigration department (we are Manitoba PNPs so we didn't have an lmo).
No need for photos, just the $150.
I think that was it.
It didn't take very long at all, I was in the baggage hall before our bags had come off the plane.
But that was at Winnipeg aiport, it's not too busy with lots of international flights.
Hope that helps,
squid
Old May 31st 2007, 10:26 am
Just Joined

A copy of your CV might help too, but they didn't look at mine
I also had a letter from my previous employer saying I'd been in the industry for the last 10 years, they didn't look at that either.
squid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.