work permit processing times

Old May 16th 2007, 2:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit processing times

Originally Posted by liagora
So how long did it actually take from submission to them logging the application on the system?
2/3 days then 12 weeks to receive the WP authorisation letters at home.
Old May 16th 2007, 3:01 am
Albertian

liagora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tangram
2/3 days then 12 weeks to receive the WP authorisation letters at home.
Did you get any aknowledgement of them receiving your applications at all at any stage? receipt for the money for instance?
Old May 16th 2007, 5:06 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get any aknowledgement of them receiving your applications at all at any stage? receipt for the money for instance?
none whatsoever
Old May 16th 2007, 5:16 am
Just Joined

steviemac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

so what would have happened, if the papers weren't processed yet?
Also is there any way of finding out what stage your papers are at, I,ve been waiting 7 weeks and have still heard nothing my employer is also asking these questions!
Old May 16th 2007, 5:27 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by steviemac1
so what would have happened, if the papers weren't processed yet?
Also is there any way of finding out what stage your papers are at, I,ve been waiting 7 weeks and have still heard nothing my employer is also asking these questions!
What would have happened if the papers werent processed yet and I had waited for them ? - I would still be waiting if I hadnt gone for POE option- maybe I didnt understand the question.

No way of finding out about WP - I tried fax, phone, letter and email - got zip back, and there isnt even a file number to quote.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:34 am
Just Joined

what i ment was! you sent your papers to the consulate yes! you hadn't heard anything back? so you decided to jump on a plane to canada and get a work permit at POE. what if you had been refused?
Old May 16th 2007, 5:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

what i ment was! you sent your papers to the consulate yes! you hadn't heard anything back? so you decided to jump on a plane to canada and get a work permit at POE. what if you had been refused?
Then I would have either waited in Canada for the original wp auth letters to come thru without the legal right to get paid for work ( most likely action ) or return to the UK and wait.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:05 am
Just Joined

I think that is what i'm going to do! i'm fed up waiting, i've already waited 7 week and heard nothing. cheers
Old May 16th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

I think that is what i'm going to do! i'm fed up waiting, i've already waited 7 week and heard nothing. cheers
Don' panic, don't panic
Mine had just gone into the 9th week when it came
jo
Old May 16th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

Hi Steviemac1, We are also into our 7th week and still heard nowt, let us know as soon as you hear anything.
Cheers Carrie-ann
Old May 16th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

our friends sent there WP off in middle march and still not heard. cant believe how long they are taking compared to last year.

Friends have emailed to enquire today.
Old May 17th 2007, 12:55 am
Albertian

liagora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jempee
our friends sent there WP off in middle march and still not heard. cant believe how long they are taking compared to last year.

Friends have emailed to enquire today.
I think they have doubled their time now, it used to be 3-4 weeks last October-November. We were told 6-8 weeks at least as they are so busy at the moment. We applied on the 4th of May
Old May 17th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I think they have doubled their time now, it used to be 3-4 weeks last October-November. We were told 6-8 weeks at least as they are so busy at the moment. We applied on the 4th of May
not wishing to startle anyone but Tangram from here waited 12 weeks for the WP letter from CHC London - he ended up going and applying for it at the POE.

Gaynor
x
Old May 17th 2007, 3:38 am
Just Joined

does anyone have an e-mail address, so as i can contact the consulate please!
i just want to get across, i can't belive you can't find out anything on your WP. What kind of a setup is this?
Old May 17th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

does anyone have an e-mail address, so as i can contact the consulate please!
i just want to get across, i can't belive you can't find out anything on your WP. What kind of a setup is this?
There is an automatic web page in amongst the WP stuff at CIC. I e-mailed them over 3 weeks ago and guess what, I'm still waiting for a reply.
I think its in with the FAQ
hope his helps
jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.