work permit processing times

Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:36 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit processing times

Good luck
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Still waiting Now running to day 43 since the WP arrived in London. Hopefully the GP sent the medical report last Monday - so today was day 8 or 9 post Medical. Maybe next week
Old May 5th 2007, 10:47 pm
Albertian

liagora will become famous soon enough

We took our applications to CHC London on the 4th May. They said it will take 6-8 weeks, although we don't require medicals. Hubby is supposed to start work on the 1st June... So it looks like he might take the risk of flying out on his own to get the WP at the poe....
Old May 6th 2007, 11:50 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liagora
We took our applications to CHC London on the 4th May. They said it will take 6-8 weeks, although we don't require medicals. Hubby is supposed to start work on the 1st June... So it looks like he might take the risk of flying out on his own to get the WP at the poe....
Mine was logged in the system March 1st, still waiting for them to arrive at home ( I am here as I couldn't wait and obtained one at POE )
Old May 6th 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

We submitted our application on the 12th of March, We had a request for photocopies of hubbys driving license last Friday.

I wish we had sent it off in original application but had no idea we would need it. I presume it's because he will be a long haul driver out there.

Our only concern now there is a different address on the driving license to our wp application. This is because where we live now was always going to be temporary and it was not changed. I put a brief note in to explain this, I hope it does.

I hope it does not go back to 6 weeks again, I don't think it will as the additional info was sent to the "security and medical division" part of CHC
Old May 6th 2007, 9:30 pm
Albertian

Originally Posted by Tangram
Mine was logged in the system March 1st, still waiting for them to arrive at home ( I am here as I couldn't wait and obtained one at POE )
Yeah, looks like we'll take the same route. Hubby is going to talk to his boss in Canada tonight and see what they suggest
Old May 6th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

There is currently a thread charting WP processing times here
Old May 7th 2007, 12:34 am
Albertian

Originally Posted by burton bunch
There is currently a thread charting WP processing times here
Thanks, I have seen it as well. We didn't the LMO (intra-company transfer), therefore it's the last stage for us - just to wait for our WP and OPW to arrive . However, like I said - hubby's job is supposed to start 1st of June, so it is more than likely that he will have to go on his own, leaving me with a 2.5-year-old to wait for our paperwork
Old May 15th 2007, 10:55 am
Just Joined

steviemac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you find out all of that information. i sent my papers away april 1st still haven't found anthing out! some help would be much appreciated!

cheers

steviemac1
Old May 15th 2007, 2:00 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviemac1
How did you find out all of that information. i sent my papers away april 1st still haven't found anthing out! some help would be much appreciated!

cheers

steviemac1
The date was in the system when I picked up my WP at Port Of Entry. Immigration officer even told me my wife and daughters application were logged in the same day. They arrived at home 12 weeks after submission. I entered Canada after 7 weeks waiting.
Old May 15th 2007, 11:12 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dancath
We received our work permits today.
10 Days after medical for Healthcare position.

Total time from application (including medical) was approx 6 weeks.
4th October (apply) - - - - 14th Novermber (receive)

Can sleep a little easier now....
Well done you!
thats great news
best of luck
Terese
Old May 16th 2007, 1:55 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by terese677
Well done you!
thats great news
best of luck
Terese
You do realise that was posted in November last year don't you ???
Old May 16th 2007, 2:43 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

You do realise that was posted in November last year don't you ???
Shows I was half asleep when I wrote it , so in total it took how long?
You are actually there now so was it totally different to what you expected, and would you change anything?
Terese
Old May 16th 2007, 2:51 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by terese677
Shows I was half asleep when I wrote it , so in total it took how long?
You are actually there now so was it totally different to what you expected, and would you change anything?
Terese
I would only change the fact of having my family over here with me instead of in a limbo waiting for a buyer, but that was not possible. With regard to the WP I probably wouldn't have waited so long and gone for Port of Entry earlier but at least my wife and daughter have their docs for when they come over and shouldn't have any hassle. And I was able to sort out a lot before I came over as I had 3 weeks off work of unsued holidays. For theirs to arrive took 12 weeks.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:52 am
Albertian

So how long did it actually take from submission to them logging the application on the system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.