Work permit to PR

Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:04 am
Just Joined

cikramawan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit to PR

Hi,

I am in Canada on TWP. TWP was issued for a sales job and I am doing it at the moment but recently I got an employer who want to give me a job in IT sector(I used to work with him in same IT company in Uk). would it be a problem in my visa processing that I came here on Sales job and want to go for another job that is in total different field.

thanks for the time
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit to PR

Hi, welcome to BE.

Have you already applied for PR, and if so, under which route?

Has your new potential employer applied for the LMO yet?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi cikramawan and welcome to the forum.

The short answer is no. If your work permit is just for your sales job (it will explicitly say on your work permit). Then you can't just stop and go do the I.T. jon. You will be in breach of your work existing permit conditions.

However as oompa has mentioned if another employer(I.T.) has applied for a LMO and received a positive response then that may be the way to which you can perhaps apply for a workpermit for that particular role.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hi cikramawan and welcome to the forum.

The short answer is no. If your work permit is just for your sales job (it will explicitly say on your work permit). Then you can't just stop and go do the I.T. jon. You will be in breach of your work existing permit conditions.

However as oompa has mentioned if another employer(I.T.) has applied for a LMO and received a positive response then that may be the way to which you can perhaps apply for a workpermit for that particular role.
I've read his question differently, I thought he was asking about whether changing jobs would impact his PR application, but perhaps not!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've read his question differently, I thought he was asking about whether changing jobs would impact his PR application, but perhaps not!
I just re-read the question and I just understood it your way..I partially misread it lol

Cikramawan, it depends on what PR application your doing as christmasoompa rightly has pointed out. If its a family stream then I would not think it would impact it providing you let them know your change in role. If the PR is through another process then im not sure. Others on here may have more info.

On the second issue of changing your job, you can't just change your job if it states on your workpermit you are doing a sales role.
But you can get around this if the second employer gets a positive LMO for the I.T. job. You just then apply through the workpermit route again.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

cikramawan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi every one, thank you very much your time,

here is the situation,

My IT employer has put forward his application for LMO. I have a TWP for a sales job that I am doing. My question was that, whether visa officer would considered it an issue that I am doing a sales job and applying for a PR which is based on IT job as both are totally different fields.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by cikramawan
My IT employer has put forward his application for LMO. I have a TWP for a sales job that I am doing. My question was that, whether visa officer would considered it an issue that I am doing a sales job and applying for a PR which is based on IT job as both are totally different fields.
Presumably you have experience/qualifications in both jobs?

But have you actually applied for PR yet? It's still not clear whether you are switching jobs mid PR application, or are yet to apply?