Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Work permit (London) aplication time

Work permit (London) aplication time

Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Wink Work permit (London) aplication time

Just a quick note on application time for a work permit. I sent application on last Saturday and received the work permit paperwork today - thats 11 days One step closer to Canada.

All the best to everyone,

Phil
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:29 am
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all
Default Re: Work permit (London) aplication time

That's good news, my husband has been trying to convince a company in Canada that wants to employ him that it doesn't take long to get a work permit (They've been umming and ahhing for 3 weeks now ).
Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Work permit (London) aplication time

Originally Posted by Platty
That's good news, my husband has been trying to convince a company in Canada that wants to employ him that it doesn't take long to get a work permit (They've been umming and ahhing for 3 weeks now ).
The hard bit is getting past the HRSDC once they O.K. the employment then things move really quickly. My employer had to advertise several times before getting the go ahead. I am glad that they eventually did though as we now are on our way to Calgary -the clock is ticking

I wish you well with the job hunt.

Phil
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:17 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all
Default Re: Work permit (London) aplication time

Originally Posted by pak2
The hard bit is getting past the HRSDC once they O.K. the employment then things move really quickly. My employer had to advertise several times before getting the go ahead. I am glad that they eventually did though as we now are on our way to Calgary -the clock is ticking

I wish you well with the job hunt.

Phil

They've re-advertised about 3 times on Workopolis. Hope thats enough