Work Permit Issue.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

carparkno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Issue.

Hi, I am going to Canada in August to be with my girlfriend, an Ontario native, on a bunac work permit, as I have been advised this is the best way to do things at the moment. I want to stay with her for the full year to satisfy CIC that I am in a bona fide relationship which i am. I wan to apply for Permanent residence asap because when my visa runs out, I am worried I will have to return home. I want to stay after hat and continue working as my gf and I are going to be living together and I want to immigrate to be with her.

Is there a way i can stay and work after my year whilst i begin my PR application under family class?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permit Issue.

You may stay as visitor (if your application of extension of stay is approved) but without being allowed to work or you need to obtain an HRSDC validated job offer and apply for regular work permit. BUNAC permit cannot be extended.

Originally Posted by carparkno1
Hi, I am going to Canada in August to be with my girlfriend, an Ontario native, on a bunac work permit, as I have been advised this is the best way to do things at the moment. I want to stay with her for the full year to satisfy CIC that I am in a bona fide relationship which i am. I wan to apply for Permanent residence asap because when my visa runs out, I am worried I will have to return home. I want to stay after hat and continue working as my gf and I are going to be living together and I want to immigrate to be with her.

Is there a way i can stay and work after my year whilst i begin my PR application under family class?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

carparkno1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You may stay as visitor (if your application of extension of stay is approved) but without being allowed to work or you need to obtain an HRSDC validated job offer and apply for regular work permit. BUNAC permit cannot be extended.
I assume that the normal work permit would be an ongoing thing until I either finish that job or gain Permanent residence?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.

You may also have one more option if being sponsored through the spouse or common-law in Canada class - after receipt of Approval in Principle you may apply for open work permit (no vaidation needed). But lately PR status follows just by days or few weeks the AIP, thus it may not be needed anyway.

I assume that the normal work permit would be an ongoing thing until I either finish that job or gain Permanent residence?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:11 am
Banned

seabass is an unknown quantity at this point

Just so you know you will not qualify to be sponsored as a common law partner until you have co-habited for at least 1 year. So you will not be able to start the sponsoring process until the end of your bunac year unless you have co-habited together in england for 1 year before your girlfriend has gone back to Canada.