Work permit HELP!!!, experts!!!!

Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit HELP!!!, Mr Miller, Mr Humphries

Here is our history. I will appreciate very much any advice!!!!

We (my husband and me) are in Quebec with a work permit. Mine is open because my husband is a postdoctoral fellow. He applied June 11 for a new work permit to change employer, since his contract with the old employer concluded. We have a problem with my daughter (no citizenship, travel document from his birth place expired) and because of that things got complicated. Finally on July CIC vegreville called my husband and told him that they decided to issue a TRP to my daughter. They ask for the fee and two pictures of her. We sent the documents the same day (July 20) and them the nightmare started.

The documents were put on hold again together with the rest of the new applications recieved on July, despite the instructions given to us to avoid that and that of course we followed (like write URGENT, the name of the person that talked with my husband, etc). Everytime we called Vegreville they said thet the documents are waiting to be oppened, so we wait paciently until we saw on the internet that they are processing application received until July 26. We were very happy.... but just for a few hours. My husband called again today and the answer was that they have not open the documents yet and in our case we have to wait at least until the midle of october!!!!!!

I do not understand. We have been waiting for three months and things are not moving and we dont know what is going on. Vegreville cannot be reached by phone and we get no help from the call center. The new employer has been waiting for three months and he told my husband that the project need to start. We should be do??. We are also at home with no money, just waiting!!!. Can we get some help from somebody??.

Sorry for my long post. I just want to give all the details.

Thanks a lot!!!

MINI

PD: I forgot to mention that in one of the call to the call center we were advice to send the documents again to a different address (to avoid start from scratch) and we did it the same day. We also enclosed a prepaid Express Post envelope to receive back the documents.

Last edited by Minerva101; Sep 8th 2004 at 12:55 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work permit HELP!!!, Mr Miller, Mr Humphries

Anybody, Mr Miller, Mr Humpries, please!!!!