Work permit extension and leaving

Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

fuzzy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work permit extension and leaving

How long is that permit that they give you then....?!
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

taylor26 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to get our employer to apply for a 2 year work permit.This needs to go with your PNP application. This shows you will be in full time employment throughout the duration of your application for PR.

It does state this in the paperwork and on the cic online.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

WHAT!?
I never saw that!

So an LMO? Please can someone link me which is correct. I'm so confused now!!

Last edited by fuzzy87; Apr 5th 2013 at 8:23 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

All it says is this:

If you intend to work in BC while waiting for the processing of your permanent resident visa application, you are responsible to apply for and to keep your work permit valid up until you become a permanent resident. Nomination by the BC PNP does NOT authorize you to work legally while awaiting processing of your permanent resident visa. If required, we may issue you, (the Nominee), a work permit support letter which will assist you in applying to CIC for a new or renewed work permit full-time employment in a specific job with a BC employer.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzzy87
WHAT!?
I never saw that!

So an LMO? Please can someone link me which is correct. I'm so confused now!!
where have you got the LMO requirement from? Nobody's mentioned that have they?

Take deep breaths and re-read post no 6 above, which tells you very clearly how to get a work permit once you've been nominated under the PNP - no LMO required.

HTH.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
where have you got the LMO requirement from? Nobody's mentioned that have they?

Take deep breaths and re-read post no 6 above, which tells you very clearly how to get a work permit once you've been nominated under the PNP - no LMO required.

HTH.
Ok, cool. Thank you

At one point is it distinguished how long the said work permit is for?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Do my work have to do anything else?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Normally PNP applicants with work permit support letters get a TWP for 12 months as that time is usually sufficient to complete the PR application. Extensions can be granted if need be.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

djlucy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just wondering how Fuzzy87's situation played out?

I'm in a very similar situation in that my IEC working visa expires at the end of January, I applied to the PNP at the end of October and now the waiting time for applications to be processed is 12-14 weeks. I too am planning a trip home - over Christmas - and will be returning to Canada (BC) in early January 2014 when I will have just over 3 weeks remaining on my IEC visa.

From my research and from my understanding of the above, I should be able to return to Canada in January on my current visa but should bring with me my PNP application, any communication I may (hopefully) have by then from the PNP and my letter of employment - basically as much back-up as possible to show I should get approval from PNP and convince the boarder staff to let me back in!

Once back in Canada, if my PNP hasn't been approved by mid-January, I should apply for a visitors visa and not work from the date of expiry of my current IEC visa until such time as my PNP has been approved. This is necessary as there doesn't seem to be an interim work permit available to cover the period from the expiry of my IEC visa to the time my PNP application is approved.

If someone could let me know if I'm on the right lines it would be much appreciated! I need all the moral support I can get at the moment!

Many thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djlucy
I'm just wondering how Fuzzy87's situation played out?

I'm in a very similar situation in that my IEC working visa expires at the end of January, I applied to the PNP at the end of October and now the waiting time for applications to be processed is 12-14 weeks. I too am planning a trip home - over Christmas - and will be returning to Canada (BC) in early January 2014 when I will have just over 3 weeks remaining on my IEC visa.

From my research and from my understanding of the above, I should be able to return to Canada in January on my current visa but should bring with me my PNP application, any communication I may (hopefully) have by then from the PNP and my letter of employment - basically as much back-up as possible to show I should get approval from PNP and convince the boarder staff to let me back in!

Once back in Canada, if my PNP hasn't been approved by mid-January, I should apply for a visitors visa and not work from the date of expiry of my current IEC visa until such time as my PNP has been approved. This is necessary as there doesn't seem to be an interim work permit available to cover the period from the expiry of my IEC visa to the time my PNP application is approved.

If someone could let me know if I'm on the right lines it would be much appreciated! I need all the moral support I can get at the moment!

Many thanks.
Sounds good. Be aware that applications for a change to visitor status online are processed much quicker than those sent via post. So the "postal" one will give you a longer period of implied status as a visitor. Work has to be stopped the moment your IEC expires.

Also you can't leave Canada whilst on implied visitor status or you'll lose it.

Once you have your PNP approved you still need to flagpole and get a TWP before being able to work again.

Good luck!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

djlucy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks and thanks for the quick reply!