Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

work permit exempt role & spouse permit

Wikiposts

work permit exempt role & spouse permit

Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:40 am
Just Joined

seejay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work permit exempt role & spouse permit

I've been trying to get some clearer information regarding this query so I hope someone can help me.

I will be entering Canada in July on work permit exempt basis (minister of religion). CHC London have confirmed my wife is eligible for open work permit. We will be bringing our 3 children also, and selling our house to provide funds. We have a place to live in Toronto. My position is not salaried in the conventional sense and there is no 'job vacancy' offered to me in the conventional sense either. However, my church in Toronto will provide a letter of invite, detailing a range of relevant activities and projects and suggesting a time frame of minimum 2 years for the assignment. We also have PR in application, AOR August 05.

1. is it best to apply for my wife's open work permit through CHC London, or on entry?
2. in the form, how do we answer specific questions about the employer & job etc... when it's for an open permit?
3. What documentation will I be issued with by immigration at Toronto?
4. What will immigration look for as evidence of continuing ties with UK?
5. will they give 2 years for my wife if my letter of assignment suggests 2 years?

thank you, in anticipation!

seejay