Work Permit Employment Question

Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:40 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Employment Question

Where it asks to state end date of employment on the WP application form, what are you supposed to put there if you dont know the end date.

And another question that has been asked before, can we submit the job offer for a TWP which states the job position is a permanent full time position. We have spoken a few times to the employer about this but he seems to think we dont need anything different, but is this the way CHC are going to view it?

Cant believe I now too am asking WP questions Little amuses the innocent!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:05 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permit Employment Question

How long was the LMO issued for? If it was two years, put two years after the start date. Technically, you can't be employed permanently if you're on a work permit.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:14 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazzz
How long was the LMO issued for? If it was two years, put two years after the start date. Technically, you can't be employed permanently if you're on a work permit.
OK thanks Bazz...so are you saying we need a different job offer or do CIC just take it for granted that employment will finish after the two years?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:00 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alvic
OK thanks Bazz...so are you saying we need a different job offer or do CIC just take it for granted that employment will finish after the two years?
It might be an idea for them to send you another letter, yes, stating that the job is initially offered for two years. We had similar confusion because my girlfriend was given a "permanent" job on an open WP. When we came to submit our PR application we were using her arranged employment. The bit about "Your employer has made an offer to employ you on an indeterminate basis if the permanent resident visa is issued" caused us a bit of head-scratching, as they'd done this already.

It was a bit different for me when I arrived as my job is only a two-year contract anyway. Maybe someone whose work isn't on a contract basis would be able to help here.