Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Work Permit denied, PR Questions. Please Help

Work Permit denied, PR Questions. Please Help

Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:45 am
Just Joined

xilinxrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit denied, PR Questions. Please Help

I applied for Work Permit under Fast Track IT skills program in September'2001, with a HRDC validated Job offer. NY consulate called me for an interview, and told me that I dont have the required 2 year full time work experience, and also they were not sure of my Valid status in the US. I convinced the lady about my status. I still dont know if it was the 2 year requirement or the US status that got me denied. Can I ever know?

Regarding the 2 year full time experience, I had 17 months of continuous full time experience, and prior to that 18 months of internship/co-op experience while in school. The immigration officer said that is not enough, and that I should have 2 years of full time continuous experience. Was she right??

My real question is, now I am applying for PR, and I want to know how to deal with it in the application. Should I add any documentation regarding this. The fact that they denied me the work permit, will it count against my PR application.
Can I use my old Job offer letter as evidence of adaptability? Is that of any value?

I will be leaving US for good to India in Februaury. I want to file my application to New Delhi COnsulate before I leave from US, and once in India, I will update my new work information etc. Should I wait till I reach India, or should I apply now?

And yeah I am taking IELTS. I was convinced after reading Andrew's exhortations. It is silly, but the law demands it. So I am not complaining. I have done worse things to please the law.