Wikiposts

Work Permit confusion

Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

jonesyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit confusion

Hello again,

I am currently waiting on a work permit from the Alberta office (i have been allocated a positive LMO from my work place). I am currently on the Open Work Visa from BUNAC, and there are a few things i am not sure on......

1. When/if i recieve my work permit from the alberta office, what are my next steps?

2. do i have to go to the border to get a new visa?

3. my current workpermit expires on the 21st nov 2007, will i be able to head into the states for a couple of days, will i have any difficulties on my return to canada?

Thanks so much for all of the help in past post,

yours

jonesyp
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Work Permit confusion

Anyone able to advice me?

Thanks

Jonesyp
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

hi

I had to get my work permit changed last year through Vegriville and they just sent the new permit to me didn't have to go to any office/border to get it or to activate it.

Not sure if you can leave Canada and come back in on the work permit as on the bottom of ours it says does not guarantee re-entry into Canada.

Fiona
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

We are on BUNAC and are just changing over to WP whilst waiting for PR via BC PNP.

We were advised not to leave Canada in the last month or so of our BUNAC visas as an IO might not allow us back in. This was just advice.

We were really confused about the part at the bottom about not guaranteeing re-entry into Canada, so asked the IO at Vancouver airport when we arrived because we were planning on doing a few day / weekend trips to States.

I can't remember the formal reply, but basically the IO said that they would be fine.

We've been to the states about 5 times this year on our BUNAC visa and been fine getting back into Canada everytime (other than when my dad got all confused at driving an automatic rental car, and paniced when he couldn't get it into "1st gear", so we had to swap drivers quickly, right at the boarder! The IO didn't look impressed!)

If you are getting your new WP from Alberta / Vegriville then they should just send it to you (unless there is something unusal about your case), so just sit tight and wait for the postman / FedEx man!

The only things you'll probably need to do is to go and get your SIN number sorted if yours is like ours, as we have the expiry date on it, the same as when our BUNAC visa expires. We also need to give our updated / new SIN numbers to our bank and RRSP provider. And also, we need to contact BC Health about our MSP.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much, now its just the waiting game to see if i got approved for the work permit

4weeks gone

aprox 6 weeks to go! (i hope)