work permit conditions

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work permit conditions

Hi all

Had a quick question regarding the work permits.

One of the lads out here working on the farm I am wants to go and work in Banff over the winter. However his work permit states he can only work for the employer stated on the permit, they are named.

Hes been told if he goes to a Service Canada centre they would be able to rectify it..is that correct?
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 7:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit conditions

Originally Posted by pbut
Hi all

One of the lads out here working on the farm I am wants to go and work in Banff over the winter. However his work permit states he can only work for the employer stated on the permit, they are named.

Hes been told if he goes to a Service Canada centre they would be able to rectify it..is that correct?
No.

If I am understanding you correctly he is here as a Temporary Foreign Worker with a TWP specifically naming one employer.

If he wants to change employer, he would need the new employer to apply for an LMO and if it was approved then he would need to apply for a new TWP.

The only difference would be if he is being sponsored for Provincial Nomination, in which case he would need to consult with the PNP department and ask consent to change employers, if he was able to obtain an offer of a full time permanent job. If the PNP department agreed, he would not need an LMO but would require a letter of support and a new work permit.

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 3:38 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Is he working under the SAWP program?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Its the IEC working holiday..? What does the SAWP stand for?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:49 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The IEC is an open work permit, it wouldn't have an employers name on it.

Seasonal Agriculture Worker Program.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

It states on it that the person can not work for any other employer other than stated, this is the same as on my permit. But on mine it says Employer: open.

My friends has our employer listed :-S
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It states on it that the person can not work for any other employer other than stated, this is the same as on my permit. But on mine it says Employer: open.

My friends has our employer listed :-S
Thats because you have a different type of work permit.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thats because you have a different type of work permit.
Even tho we both applied through the iec program? Is some of it down to the person who issues it at the POE?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Even tho we both applied through the iec program? Is some of it down to the person who issues it at the POE?
All IEC work permits should be open and not employer specific. Persons with these work permits can basically work anywhere in Canada but not in jobs that require a medical exam.
If he still has his IEC letter that he produced at the Port of Entry he could nip down to the border and ask CBSA to amend the work permit to an Open one and politely explaining that it should be an open work permit along with the IEC letter. He could also ask CIC Vegreville to change the conditions based on the same but that will take several weeks.