Work permit application at POE

Old Jul 12th 2023, 10:32 am
Just Joined

JellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work permit application at POE

Hi all. We are gathering all required documentation for a work permit application. My other half has a job offer and named LMIA. Employer has a new contract and now needs him there asap so after consultation with an immigration consultant has been advised to apply for a work permit at the border. My question is, he has an ACRO certificate from earlier this year which he needed for the eTA for our visit for interviews. I am unsure how long the certificate is valid for. It is dated as created 01/02/23 and printed 06/02/23. Looking to fly end of July/1st week of August sometime. I’m not sure if it’s valid for 6 months or 1 year as seen both these timeframes stated online….help!

Also, do I need an ACRO myself? I have no record at all and the immigration consultant (ex CBSA staff) said we may not even be asked about any criminal record, just that they might ask, but have no way of checking and just have to rely on applicant telling the truth!!! To try and ensure a smooth process, I’m assuming I should just get one anyway?
Old Jul 12th 2023, 10:42 am
Just Joined

JellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit application at POE

Sorry, I should have stated that after checking the details of his NOC code, it’s been confirmed I am eligible for an open work permit, so am travelling with him to apply for both permits together. I will return to the UK after a week or so to our children while he stays yo start his job. The family will join him a bit down the line once he has settled into job and happy with it etc.