work permit and address questions

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

leeds_sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy work permit and address questions

Hi at this moment in time I'm in Canada on a visitors visa whist waiting for my visa app to come through, my wife has already been approved to be my sponsor, so here are my questions.
1. is there a way to get a temp working visa (cause i'm getting very bored)
2. if i change my address does it change where the app is been processed cause i know it takes more time to process in Canada.
thanks in advance.
k.harding
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit and address questions

Hi

Originally Posted by leeds_sparky
Hi at this moment in time I'm in Canada on a visitors visa whist waiting for my visa app to come through, my wife has already been approved to be my sponsor, so here are my questions.
1. is there a way to get a temp working visa (cause i'm getting very bored)
2. if i change my address does it change where the app is been processed cause i know it takes more time to process in Canada.
thanks in advance.
k.harding
1. You would have to find an employer who is willing to go through the LMO route (unless you have an exempt job) and then you would have to obtain the work permit outside Canada or at a POE/
2. Assuming you are doing an In-Canada application, all the processing (in most cases) is done through Vegreville and then is sent to the local office nearest you. If the local office is let say Etbobicoke, you would be in for a long wait. If you are doing an out of Canada application, it is processed at the overseas office where you are normally resident.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

i applied in england and is been processed in london, i want to change my address so anything they send goes to my canada address, but i dont want them to change where its been processed.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by leeds_sparky
i applied in england and is been processed in london, i want to change my address so anything they send goes to my canada address, but i dont want them to change where its been processed.
Just change your mailing address.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

right so it definitely wont change anything else.