Work Permit

Old Mar 12th 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mo Cassidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit

Hi Folks, Have I got this right? I am already in Canada,
I am looking for work, so I get a Job offer from a company in Canada.
They do the LMO and so now I have the LMO and the written job offer.
I go to the border and do a Flagpole, and I would be given a Work Permit? is this right?
I have a feeling its wrong somehow.

This Forum and you people are fantastic.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 6:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit

Originally Posted by Mo Cassidy
Hi Folks, Have I got this right? I am already in Canada,
I am looking for work, so I get a Job offer from a company in Canada.
They do the LMO and so now I have the LMO and the written job offer.
I go to the border and do a Flagpole, and I would be given a Work Permit? is this right?
I have a feeling its wrong somehow.

This Forum and you people are fantastic.
You have it right - take the LMO, the signed contract and your passport.

Don't forget the $155 to pay for the TWP.

Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou Siouxie, That doesn't sound too bad then, I guess the LMO is the hard bit? I've had two job offers in my field, so I have something to go for now, good news at last.
The officers at the airport forgot to give me the document "Visitor Record" so to change my UK drivers licence for the Alberta one, I have to have this, the ladies at the Licensing place couldn't do the swap without the Visitor Record.
I pressume I take all my original documents back to the airport and they will issue the document,or is it best the border flagpole, wow! my head hurts with so much stuff to organise, thanks again.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The LMO will take 12-16 weeks on average though, so you might need to make two trips to flagpole (note you can't do that at the airport, you have to go to the border).

Good luck.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks christmasoompa, I guess we have to do what we have to do, two trips is ok, at least it gets done then.