Work permit

Old Sep 8th 2012, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Amansinghrai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit

I am on study permit in edmonton alberta and i am almost done with my course but my college is not under spp list what i can do for work permit , i still have 1.5yr visa please guide me ?
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Work permit

Originally Posted by Amansinghrai
I am on study permit in edmonton alberta and i am almost done with my course but my college is not under spp list what i can do for work permit , i still have 1.5yr visa please guide me ?
Hi Aman. Namaste..and welcome to the forum..

What course are you doing and which college?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If your course of study is ending and your study permit is about to expire then to work in Canada you will need to find an employer willing to apply for a Labour Market Opinion for you.
1. When does your Study Permit expire?
2. You say you have 1.5 yrs left on a visa is this a visa in your passport or do you mean the Study Permit.
3. Which country are you a citizen of and hold a passport for?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hi Aman. Namaste..and welcome to the forum..

What course are you doing and which college?

i am in cdi college edmonton alberta canada and i am doing computer networking course
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If your course of study is ending and your study permit is about to expire then to work in Canada you will need to find an employer willing to apply for a Labour Market Opinion for you.
1. When does your Study Permit expire?
2. You say you have 1.5 yrs left on a visa is this a visa in your passport or do you mean the Study Permit.
3. Which country are you a citizen of and hold a passport for?

1.study permit expire on april 2014
2.its study permit for 1.5 yr
3.citizen of india and having indian passport
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

1.study permit expire on april 2014
2.its study permit for 1.5 yr
3.citizen of india and having indian passport
If your studying is about to finish Im wondering why the Study Permit was issued until April 2014.
As for working you need that LMO from an employer.
Make sure the visa in your passport is still valid as well.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Aman,

As Lancastrian has stated. You need to find a employer who will do a LMO(Labour market opinion).
They(the employer) will need to advertise the job for a minimum of two weeks. If no suitable candidates are found locally. The employer applies for a Labour market opinion from the government. If it is positive, then your employer and yourself can apply for a work permit.
You will need to prove you have the experience and qualifications for the role you are applying for.

However, if your looking at immigration. Have a look at the AINP program.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
As Lancastrian has stated. You need to find a employer who will do a LMO(Labour market opinion).
Why can't he just get a post graduate work permit?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 9th 2012 at 9:54 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nobody said he cant
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
Its the way he said he wanted a work permit in his initial post or that he was graduating.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody said he cant.
I've obviously misunderstood then, as yours and Tony's posts seemed to say that he could only get a work permit if he found an employer to get a LMO etc. Which obviously isn't relevant or necessary if he's coming to the end of his course and can get a post-grad work permit.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 9th 2012 at 10:38 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've obviously misunderstood then, as yours and Tony's posts seemed to say that he could only get a work permit if he found an employer to get a LMO etc. Which obviously isn't relevant or necessary if he's coming to the end of his course and can get a post-grad work permit.
It is quite possible that he is not attending a school on the following list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/i...ts.asp#alberta If s/he isn't then isn't eligible for PGWP.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

It is quite possible that he is not attending a school on the following list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/i...ts.asp#alberta If s/he isn't then isn't eligible for PGWP.
That list's for off campus permits, right?

Only the OP will know if he's eligible for a post grad work permit but I was confused as to why hadn't even been mentioned as an option for the OP to look into!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 9th 2012 at 10:49 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That list's for off campus permits, right?

Only the OP will know if he's eligible for a post grad work permit but I was confused as to why hadn't even been mentioned as an option for the OP to look into!
Because we didnt know he will be graduating. He says finishing a course.
Finishing a course doesnt mean graduating to me and especially when his study permit was valid until April 2014 and its only Sep 2012.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So why not ask the OP for clarification rather than stating quite categorically that he'll have to get a LMO etc? English may not be his first language.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Finishing a course doesnt mean graduating to me and especially when his study permit was valid until April 2014 and its only Sep 2012.

firstly i got admission in 2 yr course but i chage my course which is fulltime 1215 hrs (both of them are at same level "diploma")but my college is not under the spp eligible colleges ,that is the main problem and i will be graduated in january 2013 . so i still have study permit upto 2014 and i want to known about work permit in which i can apply my college is CDI College which is in Edmonton Alberta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.