Wikiposts

Work Permit

Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:37 am
Just Joined

rockies123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit

Hello and Good day to you all,

Yesterday i visited the high commision to drop off my work permit application, after i had it returned as i forgot to include the photocpies of my passport.

Basically as my job offer already stated my LMO number and the Human resources number, the lady said that this will be 'fast tracked'

But i am just curious as to how long you think this will take, and also will they be needing more information/documantation as they havent asked for work references etc etc?

Thank you for your time
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit

Originally Posted by rockies123
Hello and Good day to you all,

Yesterday i visited the high commision to drop off my work permit application, after i had it returned as i forgot to include the photocpies of my passport.

Basically as my job offer already stated my LMO number and the Human resources number, the lady said that this will be 'fast tracked'

But i am just curious as to how long you think this will take, and also will they be needing more information/documantation as they havent asked for work references etc etc?

Thank you for your time
I don't think they need work references for a WP do they? Where are you looking at going to in Canada? If you already had your LMO number you could get your WP at Port of Entry instead of waiting for CIC London.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:53 am
Just Joined

Thankyou very much for your reply,

The company who made the job offer are based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

So this may be processed quite quickly?

Thanks again
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:09 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockies123
Thankyou very much for your reply,

The company who made the job offer are based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

So this may be processed quite quickly?

Thanks again
It really just depends on how busy CIC are. When we applied to BC back in 2007 it took 15 weeks to get ours. When we applied to NS last February it took a week! We ended up getting our WP at Port of Entry for our BC one as we got fed up of waiting !
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Oh excellent, i hope i takes a week!

Just to clarify i have sent off passport photocopies and my job offer details, application form and correct fee. This should be enough documentation to get my permit issued?

i was just wondering they might need work references and character references, police checks and all the rest.

Seems a good idea to pick it up at the airport though