work permit

Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default work permit

hi every one i have a job interview by phone tommorow for a construction company in calgary called cana will the interviewer tell me if i will get my lmo straight away if he offers me a job and how long is the wait in alberta for lmo cheers
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:34 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work permit

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi every one i have a job interview by phone tommorow for a construction company in calgary called cana will the interviewer tell me if i will get my lmo straight away if he offers me a job and how long is the wait in alberta for lmo cheers
Hi
Good luck for the interview
haven't got specifics for alberta but tspecific lmo is applied for by employer with your name, so cannot be applied for until job is offered
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:06 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the interview.

Take a look in the Immigration forum at the HRDSC LMO timeline thread and you will be in for a big shock where AB is concerned.

Unless your employer has a pre-approved LMO the wait is upwards of 23 weeks
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

nayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant future

Hi all
Just a small query about Work Permits in AB. Could the employer have pre-approved LMO and issue the work permit once they have found the employee?
Also, if its possible, how long will it take to get the confirmation from CIC London if there is no requirement for medical?

Thanks
Helen&Anil
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nayaks
Hi all
Just a small query about Work Permits in AB. Could the employer have pre-approved LMO and issue the work permit once they have found the employee?

Employers can have pre approved LMO's but you still have to wait for confirmation from HRDSC as to gain the WP the LMO must have your name on it.
Also, if its possible, how long will it take to get the confirmation from CIC London if there is no requirement for medical?

Once you have a positive LMO in your hand and the occupation is one which does not require a medical you are able to fly to POE and collect TWP at Immigration providing you have the correct documents with you (positive LMO, CV, Qualification Certificates, Copy of signed Job Offer and Contract on Employment)

Thanks
Helen&Anil
Hope that this helps

Gaynor
x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

nayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant futurenayaks has a brilliant future

Thanks Gaynor,

Can I ask another question.. someone earlier in this thread mentioned about 23weeks for HR to process LMOs, do preapproved LMOs take similiar time?

We need to put the house on the market and were hoping the preapproved LMO will get processed quicker as said to us by the employer.

Helen&Anil
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

deanonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I know a chap working for a construction company that has just got his permit and it took 21/22 weeks to come. I am currently on week 8 of my permit for the same company and had planned to go out end of Jan thinking this would give plenty of time for my permit to come through. Now we might need to rethink as i don't want to leave my job in England and land in Canada before the work permit is sorted.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks every one had my interview and have been offered a job i have been told i need a police check done how long does this take any one know cheers
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nayaks
Thanks Gaynor,

Can I ask another question.. someone earlier in this thread mentioned about 23weeks for HR to process LMOs, do preapproved LMOs take similiar time?

Sorry hun have no idea - wouldn't think so as HRDSC don't have to consider if the application fits the criteria of getting a LMO they only have to say here is the LMO. Thats how I see it anyway.

We need to put the house on the market and were hoping the preapproved LMO will get processed quicker as said to us by the employer.

Helen&Anil
You know H & A - I would put your house on the market ASAP. When my hubby first started the LMO procedure the lawyer dealing with the application told us whatever we did do not sell up before you have the WP in your hand. This ended up with Phil and I being separated for 6 months whilst I sold and packed up our UK lives and he came out to work - would not recommend that to anyone

Gaynor
Old Oct 16th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks every one had my interview and have been offered a job i have been told i need a police check done how long does this take any one know cheers
Hi Red Army.

Unless this has changed in the last 6 months then for a LMO you do not require Police Checks - unless this is a company policy for your employer ie for personnel reasons.

Gaynor
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi gaynor i have to have the police check company policy as they work on hospitals,schools and places like that but thanks for the posting
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:41 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

Go to your police authorities website and trawl through the docs on there and you can print off a police check application.

Send this to them along with £10 cheque and you should have it in 40 days or less.

FYI my o/h employer had their company approval given to them in June and applied for o/h specific LMO in August (in Alberta) we are still waiting!!!!!

Both us and his company (who I cannot praise enough the hoops they have jumped through for us) thought that the company approval was what we needed (after all it comes from HRSDC and that was very quick for them to get (4 weeks I think)) but we then subsequently found out that they had only been given the approval in principle (which is what your company will have) to hire foriegn workers.

They then have to submit details for each specific foreign worker they want to employ and this is your LMO (when it finally gets approved) as long as it meets the wages / conditions criteria.

Anyhow like I said o/h company had its approval in principle back in June, LMO applied for in August can't remember when probably beginning and then HRSDC asked for o/h approval letter from Alberta Trade and Industry saying that o/h could sit his journeyman - something else we didn't realise we needed for the LMO so 6 weeks later we got that and after 5 weeks of HRSDC now having everything they need we are still waiting

Apply asap and for your own sanity don't put time limits on it!!

Best wishes
Moo

Last edited by mandymoochops; Oct 16th 2007 at 11:43 pm.