work permit

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default work permit

hi all, can anyone tell me ,if my OH has a job offer and we get a work permit and he has to go over to Canada to start the job, without me.is there going to be a problem about me and my kids and the dogs getting into Canada without him? thanx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work permit

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi all, can anyone tell me ,if my OH has a job offer and we get a work permit and he has to go over to Canada to start the job, without me.is there going to be a problem about me and my kids and the dogs getting into Canada without him? thanx
Nope not at all - have done it myself.

You just need to take a copy of his Work Permit and your marraige certificate and birth certificates for the kids.

Easy peasy lemon squeasy - dont stress about it like I did

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

thanx Gaynor good to know its not stressful, as for the marriage certificate we arent married but im sure there is something else i can show as proof (those words marriage certificate sent shivers up my spine)
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:10 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

thanx Gaynor good to know its not stressful, as for the marriage certificate we arent married but im sure there is something else i can show as proof (those words marriage certificate sent shivers up my spine)
You and your partner need to complete the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form and get your signatures witnessed by a Commissioner of Oaths.

You also have to provide other evidence that you operate your affairs jointly. Documents that demonstrate that could include:
  • joint residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement relating to the property in which you both live
  • joint purchases of major items such as vehicles, appliances or furniture
  • joint bank accounts or credit cards
  • life insurance policies in which you name each other as beneficiaries
  • utility bills (for water, electricity, rubbih collection, etc.) addressed to both of you
  • property tax bills addresed to both of you (I don't know what you call property taxes in the UK -- they are municipal taxes that cover the costs of local infrastructure such as roads)
I was going to add a postscript to the effect that your children would greatly strengthen your claim to be in a permanent conjugal relationship. But, to be on the safe side, I went back to the messages that you posted when you first joined BE, and I saw that your ex husband was the father of your children.

I mention that for the clarification of anyone else who sees your original post in this thread, who isn't familiar with your older posts, and who is inclined to jump in and say, "Oh well, no worries, your kids are proof of your common-law relationhip."
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi Judy ..thanx for your reply me and my OH do have a child together so obviously that will go a long way too
thanx
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

one more thing Judy who as the commissioner of oath can i get to sign the form..as i cant find it on the website..sorry im useless at finding anything
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:05 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

one more thing Judy who as the commissioner of oath can i get to sign the form..as i cant find it on the website..sorry im useless at finding anything
A good place to look for information on the Internet, if you're not already familiar with it, is Google.

A commisioner for oaths (or commissioner of oaths) is a person who is authorised to administer oaths and witness affidavits, statutory declarations and affirmations.

What that means in practice, for you, is that a commissioner for oaths is an authorised person to whom you and your partner can go and say, "We are common-law partners." You can then sign the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form, and the commissioner for oaths also signs it to confirm that he/she has witnessed the two of you making this declaration to him/her.

This website provides the following definition for a commissioner for oaths:
In English law, a person appointed by the Lord Chancellor with power to administer oaths or take affidavits. All practising solicitors have these powers but must not use them in proceedings in which they are acting for any of the parties or in which they have an interest.