Brazalot

Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

naomiharvey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brazalot

Hi

I have read some pretty harrowing things on here about them. I applied myself to EE, got accepted and have 400 poitns and am awaiting an ITA but the lowest thats ever been offered is 446 points, and my time is running out.

I spoke to Brazalot and he said if I get provinical nominee from Ontario - where I plan to go- it will add enough points to warrant the boost I need.

It all seemed very convincing but now I am worried- has anyone else got provincial nominee themselves?
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:05 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazalot

The lowest it has ever dropped to is 413, not 446. You can see the previous rounds of invitations here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It’s gone much lower than 446 - 415 iirc? But you don’t need to do a separate app for Ontario PNP, simply to be in the EE pool and to have selected Ontario. They then look at those scoring over 400 in the pool and select them from that.

HTH.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:42 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

You can also see the previous rounds of NOIs (Notifications of Interest) issued by Ontario here:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

I agree that it has gone lower but without upping my score above 400 I still stand no chance. So Brazalot suggested I try the provincial nominee route as this will add points. He 'claimed' there is a way to apply that doesn't require work experience in canada and doesn't require a job offer but does require you to appeal to their skills and that Brazalot would help make the application all singing and dancing to appeal to them- i am skeptical...but def can't seem to ffind any application I can do myself for provincial nominee which doesn't require this. I thought I might get a few other quotes from immigration lawyers but all seem to charge for the initial consultation and people such as sterling charge £100 just for an initial chat! I have already paid my £50 to brazalot so reluctant to shed out twice as much again
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, you simply need over 400 points and to select Ontario as part of your EE app. No need for singing and dancing anything - it’s ticking one box!

Whether you’re picked on not will depend on your score and skills, but it’s all done on your EE profile, so Brazalot can’t improve your chances, no matter what they claim. At 400 points, you’re technically eligible, but in all honesty your chances are fairly low as most NOI’s have been issued to those scoring quite a bit more iirc.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 11th 2018 at 9:52 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks- thats what I feared- they gave me 3 options- one was to do a study visa, one was skilled entry- which is what I already have but to appeal to ontario to boost points, and the 3rd was self employed... hmm it did sound to good to be true- such a shame as does feel like a lot of money down the drain even applying and nothign I can do to improve my points, so bye bye canadian dream
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by naomiharvey
Thanks- thats what I feared- they gave me 3 options- one was to do a study visa, one was skilled entry- which is what I already have but to appeal to ontario to boost points, and the 3rd was self employed... hmm it did sound to good to be true- such a shame as does feel like a lot of money down the drain even applying and nothign I can do to improve my points, so bye bye canadian dream
Don’t give up! Give us more info and I’m sure we can help you work out a route. What do you do? Is self-employed route definitely an option? If so, why not look at that?

Or a job offer? That would get you enough points. How old are you, and does it have to be Ontario or would you consider other provinces? If you have a partner, what do they do?
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd chime in here and see if there are any other ways of improving the score. Even if its just an extra 10 or so, thats an extra 10 points more likely to get chosen for pnp. For us, IELTS scores were the deciding factor, it changed our score from below 400 to scoring 470 when we got CBL 9's and above for everything.

The Ontario PNP, like others say, isn't something Brazalot can do anything about really. aside from glorifying job roles if you did get invited, but then you risk lying.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Apr 11th 2018 at 10:19 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Ok so I work in Tv as a producer/head of development so I am freelance, been in this role for 12 years- hence self employment route potential- though haven't been self employed for a fair few years I have been PAYE.

IELTS I scored max on all but reading which I got a 7 not a 9 so Brazalot felt that woudln't give me much.

I have a 1st Hons BA in media and psychology and and HPD in Solution Focused Therapy but as its only 150 hours taught and not an academic it doesn't count for anything.

Job offers in my industry aren't worth going for unless you have PR as you have to have a years contract- most in Tv are fixed term and max 3 months at a time. Equally it costs the company money to employ a brit and a hassle and unless they have PR they don't get the same tax breaks that they get for employing canadians so jobs without PR are far and few between.

I could do a masters but thats another year and about 9k to do it
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Oh also I am 36 not married and no kids and no candadian relatives and not moving along with a partner. I ticked Ontario, BC and Alberta on my EE application as provinces I would consider
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

ha ha has my situation rendered people speechless xx
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to ask if there were extra points for having your own IMDB page but for some reason google misled me.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

LOL
Old Apr 13th 2018, 7:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok so I work in Tv as a producer/head of development so I am freelance, been in this role for 12 years- hence self employment route potential- though haven't been self employed for a fair few years I have been PAYE.
Exactly how many years? Your occupation would qualify you for the self-employed route, but you would need to have done it self-employed full-time for at least 2 years out of the previous 5. Is that the case?

IELTS I scored max on all but reading which I got a 7 not a 9 so Brazalot felt that woudln't give me much.
I agree with them on that. For an extra 3 points it's not really worth sitting the exam again.

I could do a masters but thats another year and about 9k to do it
It would probably cost more in Canada, but would be a huge advantage if you don't have any other route. It would get you a post-graduate work permit, points enough to get PR via EE, plus a qualification that's actually recognised in Canada. I don't know if your finances would take it, but that would be a good way to do it IMO.

I ticked Ontario, BC and Alberta on my EE application as provinces I would consider
OK, none of those help unfortunately, some of the other provinces have more open PNP's, but you do have to want to move there and I'm guessing there's not a lot of tv production in the Maritimes!

From what you've said, I only see a few options - study permit (as you've not got a family, that's probably your quickest route if you have the funds), getting a job offer, or finding a lovely Canadian to marry.

Have you been over and job hunted in person? That is crucial and may make all the difference. If so, get over there again and again, schmooze the hell out of people and you may just impress them enough. If they don't mind waiting for you, then they could do a PR only LMIA app, which wouldn't cost them anything and would mean they'd then be employing a Canadian PR, so would still get the tax breaks too.

Nope, just travelling so hadn't had a chance to respond before now. Do note our site rules re: 'bumping' threads though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.