Work history documentation

Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

luketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work history documentation

Hello everybody,

Background

It's been a while since I have been on this forum, and in the meantime things have really been looking up for our prospects of moving to Canada.

I managed to secure a job offer from a company in Canada who are happy to assist with the immigration process and in fact I am waiting for the next PNP EOI draw and I will certainly be invited to apply to the PNP as I have 835 out of 1000 points in the PNP EOI pool and the most recent draw on 15th Feb the cutoff for points was 726. This will then give me the opportunity to apply to the PNP and assuming that all works out and I'm approved I will get an additional 600 points for the Federal EE pool, which is great.

Question

My main question here is that I have been working full time since I graduated College in July 2007 with very little time in between jobs / contracts without work. However a lot of my working history has been contracting as well as permanent roles. In one case the first place I worked at is now dissolved and the building I worked in no longer exists, other references and information for contracts would just be really difficult, if not impossible to get. I can get good documentation and references stretching back for approx 8 years, but further back and it get's a whole lot more difficult... due to companies being brought out / people moving on etc..

So with due consideration to the "Proof of work experience" on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html and not wanting to add anything to my EE profile that can't be adequately supported would it be possible to just leave off some of my very early work experience, which would be the most difficult to get? I don't want to do anything that would be misleading for the EE profile so would omitting work history that I would struggle to get references for be knowingly misleading or fraudulent?

Many thanks for your help and consideration with this.

Luke
Old Feb 24th 2019, 3:20 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work history documentation

From what I've read on that page, if you declare a work position then it's mandatory you provide a reference letter. If you cannot provide the letter then I don't think you should include that work position, as if you don't put the documents in it's not valid, plus they could possibly consider that it's a fraudulent entry as you cannot provide the information.

How far back does it require proof of work experience? The link doesn't seem to mention a time period. Obviously I'm not the CIC, but I personally think that 8 years of work history is pretty good. When I applied for PR, I had worked for the same company for 14 years, so it might have looked odd that I only had one work entry there!
Old Feb 26th 2019, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

luketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sharkus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this question I really appreciate it.

Your conclusions were actually what I felt too, which is that if I can't get the work history documents, in this case reference letters satisfactorily then it would be better to leave them out. I don't think there is any particular required amount other than the number of CRS points awarded according to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...stem/grid.html. I am also in the MPNP EOI pool with 835 / 1000 points for the Strategic Recruitment Stream and they only require 3 years full time out of the last 5, which I can provide without issue.

Regards Luke
Old Feb 26th 2019, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure how the PNP application process works but for the EE system you enter work history in 2 locations: Personnel history and work experience. For each job entered under work history an upload request for evidence is generated (these are the jobs for which you are claiming points). Any work entered in the personnel history section is not assessed for points. Note for an EE application you must have an unbroken personnel history, i.e. no gaps, dating back 10 years or to age of 18, which ever is sooner.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response Engineer_abroad I appreciate the insight,