work experience for federal!

Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

wannaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work experience for federal!

hello everyone,
i read a lot about canadian immigration and i couldn't found some answers to a couple questions:
1. i have 67 points based on 3 years work experience (i'm 24 by the way), and looking at processing times in USA it may take up to 3 years to process my application. so if i apply now I get 67 points but untill adjudication i will obtain 2 more based on 4 years or more of work experience. which number will it count,3 years or 4 or more at adjudication time?
2. if i obtain the FBI clearance now and mail it in with the application it will probably expire by the time of interview.what am i supposed to do?
3. since english is not my native language but i've been living in the USA for a few years now ( i got me MBA here) do you think i will obtain maximum number of points on language skills without taking the tests? i know it's up to the discretion of the officer.
i hope i will hear from you soon.
bye and take care.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work experience for federal!

Originally Posted by wannaknow
hello everyone,
i read a lot about canadian immigration and i couldn't found some answers to a couple questions:
1. i have 67 points based on 3 years work experience (i'm 24 by the way), and looking at processing times in USA it may take up to 3 years to process my application. so if i apply now I get 67 points but untill adjudication i will obtain 2 more based on 4 years or more of work experience. which number will it count,3 years or 4 or more at adjudication time?
Nothing will be added automatically. You will get 2 more points only if you submit conclusive evidence of completing 4 years of full time work experience before your case gets to the assessment stage

2. if i obtain the FBI clearance now and mail it in with the application it will probably expire by the time of interview.what am i supposed to do?
You must submit all applicable pcc's with application and if remaining in US you will likely be asked for updated FBI certificate close to the end of process

3. since english is not my native language but i've been living in the USA for a few years now ( i got me MBA here) do you think i will obtain maximum number of points on language skills without taking the tests? i know it's up to the discretion of the officer.
i hope i will hear from you soon.
bye and take care.
Take the test, you have no margin for possible loss of 8 points if officer accept other evidence as proof of moderate level only. Completing education in US or Canada doesn't prove anything as proficiency in English is concerned. You may complete PhD and still have only moderate proficiency in English.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 6:18 am
Just Joined

hello everybody,
first i would like to thank Mr. Andrew for replying back.
secondly i think i am still confused:
1. i submit the application without IELTS at assesment stage (which is IA, right) what will i get back from them?an potential score, or they will ask me to take the IELTS in case i don't accumulate all the points?
the next IELTS is scheduled in September.
from your previous experience, anybody, do you think is there a chance not to obtain full points based on the following:
in the US for 4 years now
currently enrolled in an MBA program
i obtained a MT certificate ( medical technologist) based on 1 year of study at an US college.
full time employed all along.

2. on the instructions for Visa Specific Office in Buffalo on work experience they say to send them
"For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation"
i asked people arround,and in the US when you get hired you don't get contracts.
do you think the canadian embassy will accept income tax returns with W2 forms attached?

3. i know that you have to have 4 years or more of work exp. to get maximum # of points, what happends when you have 6 months in one field, than you switch jobs and have 3 and half years in another field, will it still count as 4 years.

once again thanks for reading my questions.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:52 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everybody,
first i would like to thank Mr. Andrew for replying back.
secondly i think i am still confused:
1. i submit the application without IELTS at assesment stage (which is IA, right) what will i get back from them?an potential score, or they will ask me to take the IELTS in case i don't accumulate all the points?
the next IELTS is scheduled in September.
from your previous experience, anybody, do you think is there a chance not to obtain full points based on the following:
in the US for 4 years now
currently enrolled in an MBA program
i obtained a MT certificate ( medical technologist) based on 1 year of study at an US college.
full time employed all along.
You must include proof of language proficiency with application - it will be returned if no proof is included. And if you include substitute evidence instead of IELTS result then you take huge risk - officer may simply decide without telling you that evidence submitted is conclusive enough to give you 8 points and this is what you will get and your application will be refused. Officer will ask for IELTS later only if evidence is not conclusive to make any evaluation. You still want to take the risk?

2. on the instructions for Visa Specific Office in Buffalo on work experience they say to send them
"For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation"
i asked people arround,and in the US when you get hired you don't get contracts.
do you think the canadian embassy will accept income tax returns with W2 forms attached?
You need to conclusively prove at least the following - period of employment, position and duties performed (to prove claimed occupation), hours per week worked. What part of the above W2's prove? None.
Letters of reference on company's letterhead with business card of person signing, providing all required info is the bare minimum.

3. i know that you have to have 4 years or more of work exp. to get maximum # of points, what happends when you have 6 months in one field, than you switch jobs and have 3 and half years in another field, will it still count as 4 years.

once again thanks for reading my questions.
It doesn't matter how many jobs, all what matters is that they were in skilled occupation and full time (or full time equivalency). If you worked overtime or more that one full time job then sorry but only one full time will count, even if you worked 80 hours per week it will count only as 1 full time week. But if you worked 20 hours per week it will count as half week only.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Andrew Miller]You must include proof of language proficiency with application - it will be returned if no proof is included. And if you include substitute evidence instead of IELTS result then you take huge risk - officer may simply decide without telling you that evidence submitted is conclusive enough to give you 8 points and this is what you will get and your application will be refused. Officer will ask for IELTS later only if evidence is not conclusive to make any evaluation. You still want to take the risk? [QUOTE]

Hey...LISTEN TO MR. ANDREW MILLER!-especially on IELTS part. Although every case is different, you are indeed taking a "huge risk" (quote:Mr. Andrews). Based on my experiences (see thread: "Lessons learned...IELTS, whew!), CIC will most likely ask for IELTS. You are lucky if CIC will just ask for the IELTS after receiving your application; or, might return your application without even acknowledging it. Worse, they might decide without the IELTS: meaning, less points! (as what Mr. Andrew said) ...think about it!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:39 am
Just Joined

ok guys,
you convinced me. i will take the IELTS. i think that's the right thing to do.
i am still not clear about how to accumulate 4 years or more of full time employment.
can it be this simple? just add 6 months here + 9 months there + whatever months as long it ads up tu 4 years? i remember when i was 20 i worked at a summer camp for 3 months full time.if that's the case all i have to do is wait 3 more months at mu current job and i will accumulate 4 years. please correct if i'm wrong.
have a good day.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:59 am
Just Joined

MVAANAND is an unknown quantity at this point

Am in the process of collecting the required documentation for the Application process and it usually takes one to three months on an average.

VJ