British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Work Experience Details (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/work-experience-details-599323/)

anet367 Mar 23rd 2009 10:29 am

Work Experience Details

Hi,

Hoping someone can help provide some info around the detail that is needed for Work Experience.

How far back does the detail need to go?

Is a copy of your contract a must? I have changed jobs within the same company, therefore my contract is not really up to date.

After advice really as to what others have done for this and the best way to approach it.

NomadicJ Mar 23rd 2009 10:34 am

Re: Work Experience Details

Hey!

Not sure how if we've done the right thing but I got letters from all employers and managers stating what I did, when I moved and what responsibilities I had. I had also moved between three jobs in the same company so that seemes to clear it up nicely...

Good Luck!

lucycrow Mar 23rd 2009 10:37 am

Hi

We are just getting together docs to send to CHC, London as received our 120 day letter for FSW Category 1 application a few weeks ago.

As for employment, I put all my job since 18 on the Background Info form and then only 3 employers/jobs which are NOC O, A or B including my current job which is on the list of 38 on the Schedule 3 form.

I am getting a letter of reference from the 3 employers and contracts. In my current role, I have had 3 different contracts so have included all of them and my manager has also put all the positions and dates on the reference letter.

If you can't get a contract for your new role, make sure that your employer states when you started new role, duties, pay etc. I would think this would be enough but maybe put in a letter saying why you haven't got an updated contract.

It's never easy, is it?!! Best of luck

Lucy

Paul Wildy Mar 23rd 2009 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by anet367 (Post 7409459)
Hi,

Hoping someone can help provide some info around the detail that is needed for Work Experience.

How far back does the detail need to go?

Is a copy of your contract a must? I have changed jobs within the same company, therefore my contract is not really up to date.

After advice really as to what others have done for this and the best way to approach it.

Like LucyCrow says above you have to list all your employment since age 18 on the Background form (Schedule 1) but as far as documents go you need supporting documents (contracts/offer letters) for all the employment you are claiming points for. Once you have 4 years skilled experience you score the maximum points for experience so there shouldnt be any need for more than 4 years worth of supporting docs (unless you're claiming experience in one of the 38 NOC codes and this experience is more than 4 years ago).

Shredder Apr 16th 2009 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy (Post 7410613)
Like LucyCrow says above you have to list all your employment since age 18 on the Background form (Schedule 1) but as far as documents go you need supporting documents (contracts/offer letters) for all the employment you are claiming points for. Once you have 4 years skilled experience you score the maximum points for experience so there shouldnt be any need for more than 4 years worth of supporting docs (unless you're claiming experience in one of the 38 NOC codes and this experience is more than 4 years ago).

So the proof of employment regarding references and contracts is only really required for jobs which are key to the application (e.g. experience points or in the NOC 38 list)? So if there are a couple of jobs since age 18 that were for a few months which aren't key to the application, lack of references/contract wouldn't be a problem?

spaceace Apr 17th 2009 9:53 am

sounds like that is the case.

I've listed all jobs but made damn sure I've sent in as much information as I can for the qualifying work experience. (which in my case is written references from my old boss as I've got no contracts or start letters as it was an internal move to the role)

Paul Wildy Apr 20th 2009 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Shredder (Post 7486498)
So the proof of employment regarding references and contracts is only really required for jobs which are key to the application (e.g. experience points or in the NOC 38 list)? So if there are a couple of jobs since age 18 that were for a few months which aren't key to the application, lack of references/contract wouldn't be a problem?

Yes (sorry for the delay in responding)