Work Experience ...

Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:05 am
Just Joined

aashish123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Experience ...

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. I am applying for a PR in CANADA and look forward for suggestion from you. I have a question that I want you to answer for me.

I graduated as an Electronics and Tele-Communications Engineering. Then I worked as a Research Engineer for 5 months (Aug-Dec '06). After those 5 months, I worked as computer and Network Engineer for another 7 months (Jan-Jul '07)?
After those 7 months, I came to US on Student visa, and worked as a computer assistant for IT Department for 2 yrs (jan'08- Dec 09)?

My Question is:
Would I be eligible for the skilled worker, because I didnot see the (electronics/ telecommunication engineering) or "engineering" in general in the list of jobs? Would my "computer assistant" be considered as "skilled profession"? Where would I find the description(or area of coverage) about occupations mentioned in " http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...structions.asp "

Thanking you in advance.
Aashish
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience ...

Originally Posted by aashish123
Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. I am applying for a PR in CANADA and look forward for suggestion from you. I have a question that I want you to answer for me.

I graduated as an Electronics and Tele-Communications Engineering. Then I worked as a Research Engineer for 5 months (Aug-Dec '06). After those 5 months, I worked as computer and Network Engineer for another 7 months (Jan-Jul '07)?
After those 7 months, I came to US on Student visa, and worked as a computer assistant for IT Department for 2 yrs (jan'08- Dec 09)?

My Question is:
Would I be eligible for the skilled worker, because I didnot see the (electronics/ telecommunication engineering) or "engineering" in general in the list of jobs? Would my "computer assistant" be considered as "skilled profession"? Where would I find the description(or area of coverage) about occupations mentioned in " http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...structions.asp "

Thanking you in advance.
Aashish
If your job is not on the list (there are only 38 occupations on there), then you will need a job offer in order to be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa.

So double check the list, but if your occupation doesn't fall under any of those jobs, then you'll have to get job hunting if you want to apply as a Skilled Worker.

Hope that helps.