Wikiposts

Work Experiance Advice on PR App

Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Experiance Advice on PR App

BE's

Quick question on IMM0008 Schedule 3 (Your Work Experience) under 'Main Duties' can i just 'copy' the main duties as per NOC (7241) description OR shall i elaborate on the duities and describe them in more detail?

Cheers
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Work Experiance Advice on PR App

Originally Posted by rschatha
BE's

Quick question on IMM0008 Schedule 3 (Your Work Experience) under 'Main Duties' can i just 'copy' the main duties as per NOC (7241) description OR shall i elaborate on the duities and describe them in more detail?

Cheers
Officially, it is a bad idea to have the NOC duties on your reference letters verbatim. I made this mistake and realised later that than on the operation manual for officers processing applications it states that letters of reference with the duties listed verbatim such be treated as 'lacking weight' (or some such phrase).

I would say the same would go for the IMM008 s3 form - paraphrase them and, at best, get them as close to your job as possible.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Officially, it is a bad idea to have the NOC duties on your reference letters verbatim. I made this mistake and realised later that than on the operation manual for officers processing applications it states that letters of reference with the duties listed verbatim such be treated as 'lacking weight' (or some such phrase).

I would say the same would go for the IMM008 s3 form - paraphrase them and, at best, get them as close to your job as possible.
Cheers, Bodgerx

I will use the duties as the main heading and 'decribe' in depth what i have done in my work environment and describe it as close as possible.

Cheers
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:56 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers, Bodgerx

I will use the duties as the main heading and 'decribe' in depth what i have done in my work environment and describe it as close as possible.

Cheers
Don't forget that in the final analysis it is what is written in your experience letter from your employer that CIC/CHC will consider to see if you meet the requirements of the claimed NOC.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If you have a job description that outlines your duties and responsibilities, incorporate these to make it more realistic.

Poppit
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi

If you have a job description that outlines your duties and responsibilities, incorporate these to make it more realistic.

Poppit
Hi Guys, thanks for your posts.

Being selfemployed how can i 'Prove' my job duties & responsibilties, do i need to get a job description notorised, or some thing along those line?

Cheers
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys, thanks for your posts.

Being selfemployed how can i 'Prove' my job duties & responsibilties, do i need to get a job description notorised, or some thing along those line?

Cheers
Hi rschatha

You could include signed confirmation letters from clients both private & commercial ,accountants , trade suppliers, architects , main contractors & subcontractors if & where possible .You could also include a self declaration letter written on your business headed paper detailing your duties and time spent self-employed and have it witnessed.
All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

BE's

Cheers
To be honest I used them as the basis for all my job descriptions. I then just added a couple of extra duties and changed a few words.

My employers then stuck it on a letter head and signed it. They had no issues because I also had my payslips and contracts confirming the job title.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James Martindale
To be honest I used them as the basis for all my job descriptions. I then just added a couple of extra duties and changed a few words.

My employers then stuck it on a letter head and signed it. They had no issues because I also had my payslips and contracts confirming the job title.
Thanks Guys

I will through together job description using NOC desctription 7241 and get it witnessed or notrised, and get some reference letters from suppliers & declaration from accountant.

Cheers