work evidence?

Old May 3rd 2011, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work evidence?

hi there,

im about to submit for a sw visa and as im a plumber i know my job is on "the list".my question is what evidence do they ask for as since i qualified ive always been self employed and would like to start collecting all the paperwork they will ask for now so that its done ready.
thanks in advance
Old May 3rd 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work evidence?

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
hi there,

im about to submit for a sw visa and as im a plumber i know my job is on "the list".my question is what evidence do they ask for as since i qualified ive always been self employed and would like to start collecting all the paperwork they will ask for now so that its done ready.
thanks in advance
I may be out of date but when I worked for a immigration company for a short time if I remember rightly this is what they used to ask self employed people to supply when trying for a INDEPENDENT visa which may help you:-

Your books - to confirm you are a legal entity and successfull
Copy qual certficates (certified)
Adverts for your services (old and new so start collecting now)
References from customers with contact details if available
Copies of any contracts you may have with corps (certified)
Business cards/headed paper
Tax records from Inland Revenue
You could also do a sworn declaration which states exactly what type of work you do and how long you have been doing it signed by a legal representative. (I may have a template of one I did if you want to PM me I'll email you it)
Basically anything that proves you do what you do, that you are qualified, legitimate and are bringing much needed skills into Canada!!

Hope this helps!!
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juliet C
I may be out of date but when I worked for a immigration company for a short time if I remember rightly this is what they used to ask self employed people to supply when trying for a INDEPENDENT visa which may help you:-

Your books - to confirm you are a legal entity and successfull
Copy qual certficates (certified)
Adverts for your services (old and new so start collecting now)
References from customers with contact details if available
Copies of any contracts you may have with corps (certified)
Business cards/headed paper
Tax records from Inland Revenue
You could also do a sworn declaration which states exactly what type of work you do and how long you have been doing it signed by a legal representative. (I may have a template of one I did if you want to PM me I'll email you it)
Basically anything that proves you do what you do, that you are qualified, legitimate and are bringing much needed skills into Canada!!

Hope this helps!!
so basically just everything i would keep for the business at home?do i just need a years worth of everything i can gather then due to the fact you only need to have done that job for a year to qualify?
would love a copy of that template thanks
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:04 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
so basically just everything i would keep for the business at home?do i just need a years worth of everything i can gather then due to the fact you only need to have done that job for a year to qualify?
would love a copy of that template thanks
If you are claiming points for 4 years then you need proof for 4 years. If you only need one to get to the 67 then one will do.
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You mention 'collecting the paperwork' ready for when they ask for it, but you must send all of it in with your initial application - it's no longer requested at a later date. So you need to send all of your work evidence (self-employed people usually send references from clients, accounts, proof of company existence etc - a quick search will reveal more info on previous threads), plus all of the other stuff i.e. educational certificates, IELTS result, proof of funds, birth certificates, etc. All of that, plus the forms, must be sent to CIO Sydney, preferably asap as they are predicted to change the list next month and there's no guarantee plumbers will still be on it.

Hope that helps, good luck.
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Riccosaube

I've just sent off my FSW application, after spending the last eleven months fact finding and hitting dead ends. I'm a sparky by trade, along with electromechanical and mechanical experience. I was also self employed for eight years, within the last ten years, and I wondered how I could prove I was self employed. And also how I could prove any of my other work experience since being eighteen years old, as requested on the background check form.

I think someone on this forum suggested that I should self decare my experience in the form of a letter, then in turn have it Notarised by a Notary public. It cost me almost seven hundred pounds to get seven letters Notarised along with copies of my certificates and documents, fifty seven documents in total.

I also included copies of my accounts in the bundles that he binded for me, of which he enquired why they were copies and not original documents. Which I informed him that I no longer possessed the originals as I didn't think I needed them following an investigation after I folded my business. And in turn that they were printed from an archived file from an hard drive on my accountants computer. He accepted this as being satisfactory, so I swore an oath that everything I presented before him was truthfull and that I wasn't commiting purgery, and left him to it. I also provided a letter from my prevous accountant stating that he managed my tax affairs for me in the first period of my business.

Proving my work experience before my self employed days, was very hard, as every firm that I've worked at, no longer exists, or has been taken over more than once. And they no longer have any personnel records from the previous owners, or they don't have personnel files that go back more than six years. So I also self declared that in the letters as my work experience. As for the last three and a half years, I have submitted a copy of the letter of the job offer from where I work now. And a letter stating that my status had changed slightly within the company regarding salary, but I was unable to provide evidence at this stage of the application. Due to the sensitive situation with a change in management, and the terminations that the staff are facing due to the new regime.

The Notary public semed somewhat intrigued at my actions, as he only Notarised documents from proffesionals and the like. And he just mentioned the fact that I couldn't give them anymore information, there's almost your life story in them two bundles. If they don't recognise and accept it, I don't know what to suggest. So all I can do is wait and see what the outcome is.

Good luck
Old May 4th 2011, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mojovibe
Hi Riccosaube
Proving my work experience before my self employed days, was very hard, as every firm that I've worked at, no longer exists, or has been taken over more than once. And they no longer have any personnel records from the previous owners, or they don't have personnel files that go back more than six years. is.
Another way of around this is if the company is still trading but have destroyed your records due to data protection get them to write a letter stating this on headed paper, I also did this to prove my school attendence/quals as my school had shut and the local authority hall in the borough has also destroyed all of its records of pupils attendence quals etc funny enough though my husband is similiar age to me and managed to get all his school info no problem (different areas have different policies I suspect)

I'll email you template next couple of days, need to dig it out!

Hope this helps

Last edited by Juliet C; May 4th 2011 at 5:54 am.