Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Within Canada - do you have to get job or permit first??

Wikiposts

Within Canada - do you have to get job or permit first??

Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:22 am
Just Joined

JaneL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Within Canada - do you have to get job or permit first??

Wonder if anyone else has been in a similar situation and can help. The website is a little unclear on this matter...I am living in Canada with my partner who is here on a 2 year working visa (we are both British citizens and he got a transfer here with his job). I am here on the normal 6 mth visitor allowance, but would like to apply for a work permit so I can stay here with him for the 2 years. It looks like I can qualify as a skilled worker, so does this mean I need a job offer first, or can I get an open permit? We don't have enough evidence to prove we are common law partners, therefore I can't get a spouse/clp visa. Aslo, do I apply here or to the UK? Any help appreciated.....