Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Withdrawing application and re-submitting

Withdrawing application and re-submitting

Old Jul 4th 2017, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Withdrawing application and re-submitting

Hi
I have submitted my Express Entry Application
I wanted to modify some info and add additional info too.

If I withdraw my current application, do I need to put this in the new application when asked have I applied for visa before?!

do older applications have an advantage over new ones?

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all
Default Re: Withdrawing application and re-submitting

Do you mean you have put your application in the pool, or you received an ITA and have submitted the additional info and documentation that goes with that?

If you mean the former then you can modify while in the pool up until your number gets called and you get an ITA, this will modify your score when you submit the changes (mine was changing about 24 hours after).

If the latter, you can still technically modify after this point but many people recommend not to do as it may change your score in the background, and they will apparently heavily scrutinize in case people bumped up their score pre-ITA to get one, and then put it back down once they had it
Old Jul 5th 2017, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

I did not get ita yet
Still in the pool

I don't know how to modify the application, so I was thinking of withdraw and submit another one.

Do you know how to modify existing submitted application?
Old Jul 5th 2017, 7:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA
I did not get ita yet
Still in the pool

I don't know how to modify the application, so I was thinking of withdraw and submit another one.

Do you know how to modify existing submitted application?
Step by step instructions on CIC's website

I already submitted my Express Entry profile. Can I still update it?
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks MegaJamie
Thanks Siouxie

I was afraid the moment I withdraw the application and make a new one will be when they start the round of invitations and I miss my chance

but there was no indication that they re-calculated my points !

Last edited by KenA; Jul 5th 2017 at 8:44 am.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA
Thanks MegaJamie
Thanks Siouxie

I was afraid the moment I withdraw the application and make a new one will be when they start the round of invitations and I miss my chance

but there was no indication that they re-calculated my points !
What have you changed or tried to change? And did you do it as per the link above that Siouxie has posted?
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

As we were trying to avoid paper work, I posted the 3+ years expeirnece for my wife

and did not include her other part-time experience she had

Today I realized that in one role she had maternity leave,
So I diducted the matenity leave from that job
and added the part-time job so she can accumulate 3+ years experince

i know that score should not be change but just there is no sign or anything that my app has been updated

I checked the application by exiting and re-enter and saw the new changes there.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

When i made my edits i didnt hit the save and continue through to resubmit i think, so it sat there for weeks not actually changed on the submission side, its not intuitive, unfortunately i cant go into mine now and screen shot it.