Withdrawal of Employment Offer

Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Withdrawal of Employment Offer

Good Evening all (or whatever time zone you're in),

I'm thinking of applying for FSW1 (obtaining offer of employment). What I'm hoping someone could answer for me is: what if the above happens during the visa process. I would hate to get so far down the line to have this rug pulled from under me. Would my application be binned and I would have to start a new one from scratch? Or could I find another job offer or produce proof of settlement funds? Just trying to cover all bases here to see if this is a worthwhile option.

Any expertise and advice would be very appreciated!
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdrawal of Employment Offer

Just checking, but you're aware that just a job offer isn't enough?

But if you can find an employer willing to wait the 18 months or so for you to get the AEO and PR before being able to start work, then yes, you'd need that offer to still be valid throughout. If the offer gets rescinded then you'd have to inform CIC and usually start from scratch.

HTH.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Xmas, yes I know I need more than a job offer, I believe I fulfill other criteria. Its probably safer going for PNP then.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Thanks Xmas, yes I know I need more than a job offer, I believe I fulfill other criteria.
I meant needing an AEO (that alone takes 6 months or so to obtain and you can't apply for PR until you've got it) or LMO/TWP. So it wasn't the criteria as such, but more the paperwork needed I was referring to.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Thanks Xmas, yes I know I need more than a job offer, I believe I fulfill other criteria. Its probably safer going for PNP then.
Yes, in BC that is an advantage of the PNP program, assuming the job and the employer are acceptable for the program. The Province may issue a work permit support letter for a different employer if you are working in a job and it ends. Your immigration application can continue in these circumstances.