Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Withdraw application ? Advice please

Withdraw application ? Advice please

Old May 22nd 2005, 12:43 pm
xng
Forum Regular

xng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Withdraw application ? Advice please

I just received this letter from singapore embassy and I was shocked to know that they sent a letter on feb which I didn't receive. This letter is supposed to be a second reminder for me to send the documents below within 60 days:

- transcripts (but I have already send to them via my universities 2 years ago, why are they asking again)
- police certs (since I don't have first letter, how can I apply for them)
- malaysian police cert (this is definitely going to take more than 60 days because of the inefficient government - I did send my malaysian police cert 2 years ago but since the canadian embassy took more than 2 years to process, it is not invalid ? )
- medicals (Do I need to have a letter to go for medical ?)

Why is a medical needed when they haven't even received all the police certs yet ?
Shouldn't these medical be needed when all the certs and interviews have been conducted ?

Thinking of withdrawing my application if my chances are slim as it is too much trouble. What are my chances based on this 2nd letter ?

Any professional advice would be appreciated.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Withdraw application ? Advice please

You need to contact visa post and notify them that you didn't receive the first letter - there was the initial assessment notice and medical forms. You need medical forms to take medicals.

Seems that your case is (at least was in February) in good shape.

Originally Posted by xng
I just received this letter from singapore embassy and I was shocked to know that they sent a letter on feb which I didn't receive. This letter is supposed to be a second reminder for me to send the documents below within 60 days:

- transcripts (but I have already send to them via my universities 2 years ago, why are they asking again)
- police certs (since I don't have first letter, how can I apply for them)
- malaysian police cert (this is definitely going to take more than 60 days because of the inefficient government - I did send my malaysian police cert 2 years ago but since the canadian embassy took more than 2 years to process, it is not invalid ? )
- medicals (Do I need to have a letter to go for medical ?)

Why is a medical needed when they haven't even received all the police certs yet ?
Shouldn't these medical be needed when all the certs and interviews have been conducted ?

Thinking of withdrawing my application if my chances are slim as it is too much trouble. What are my chances based on this 2nd letter ?

Any professional advice would be appreciated.
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:37 pm
xng
Forum Regular

Andrew, thanks for your reply. Please elaborate as I am not familiar with the whole process. Why do you say it is in good shape ? Why do they need my transcripts again when I have already sent it to them 2 years ago.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe they didn't get your transcripts or misplaced them or they need new ones for some other reason (maybe old one looked suspicious or whatever).

If you were asked to do medicals within 60 days in February letter that means your application was ready for final decision subject to medicals, security, criminal checks and verification of your credentials.

Originally Posted by xng
Andrew, thanks for your reply. Please elaborate as I am not familiar with the whole process. Why do you say it is in good shape ? Why do they need my transcripts again when I have already sent it to them 2 years ago.
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:38 pm
xng
Forum Regular

Does that mean that my interview is waived or is it still pending ?
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:55 am
xng
Forum Regular

I forgot to mention something. The letter also asked for detailed letter of reference from current employer.

As we all know, most people would not want the current employer to know we are migrating, does the canadian embassy accept just the employment/confirmation letter instead ?