Wish me luck

Old Aug 3rd 2019, 3:12 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wish me luck

So, an update after all the years I've been lurking and posting on this forum.

I'm applying under the Federal Self Employed Visa stream (too old for any of the easier ways in). I hit 2 years as a freelancer in early September so some time shortly after that I'll be submitting my papers. I'm applying under NOC 5225 Audio and video recording technicians

Most forms filled in (I don't have a printer so I need to head back to Mum's to fill and print the Travel History form. For some reason you can't save any information in it...) and working on the Schedule 6A form narratives at the moment.

I'll be applying for the Police Check next week (will be clean, I've had deep background checks done for work and been cleared), I've got IELTS on the 17th (studying and taking practice tests often) and most all of the other doc's (education, ID, banking etc) I need I already have.

My FSE (passmark 35) points breakdown is:
Education - 22
Experience - 20 (2 years self employed)
Age - 10
Language - English (High Proficiency (assumed...))
Adaptability - 5 (Brother in Vancouver)

As for the Medical (assuming they like the cut of my jib) I'm in the best shape of my life (and at 44!) so barring some disease of which I'm either a-symptomatic or completely unaware I should pass that.

Requests have been sent to several of my clients to secure a letter outline our working relationship and the duties I perform for them relative to the NOC 5225 specifications.

I know that the Processing times are listed as substantial, at least at the level of an Average Time, and that they differ wildly depending on the processing office. I can but hope that I get a lucky draw on the processing office and it's dramatically less than the 22 month average!

All in all, I feel like I'm in good shape to get this done.

Over the years this forum has been a very valuable source of information and support. I hope that in the future I can get my PR and then from Canada help others with their process.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 5:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish me luck

Fingers crossed for you! - but do check all the forms are current before you send anything out - they are often updated and if you are using an 'old' edition they will return your application.

Did you look into the Start Up visa route (to PR) in the end? Much quicker processing and you could have a temp work permit to be going on with while your application for PR would be in process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...k-permits.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 3rd 2019 at 5:33 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2019, 5:37 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I looked into it but the SE route is more applicable to me. I'm a sole trader over here rather than a Ltd Co and I did that deliberately to avoid all the additional faff of running a proper company in an entity sense.

I've been reading a few posts here and there on other forums and some people have had their SE visas issued in pretty short order so there is hope! Besides, I've waited a long time to get to this point so I've learned the delicate art of patience

All forms downloaded in the last couple of months so as far as I can tell they're all current. I'll be doing a thorough sweep of the CIC site before I lick the envelope...

Time to buy some stationary bits and bobs (and decent paper for mum's printer!).
Old Aug 4th 2019, 11:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!