Wish I had not told anybody

Old Apr 15th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Wish I had not told anybody

I started planning in april 2005. applied in Aug 2005. got an AOR which states 36 months.

While i had started working on the applications i had contacted a lot of people for information and also took help for collecting the required documents. But now whenever i call somebody the first thing they ask is "what happened and when are u going?". They just dont seem to digest the fact that i would get a response only in late 2008 or 2009.

some of them even think i might be thinking that i did not get it and just buying my time by saying 2008 or 2009.

I just wish I had not told anybody. .

regs
Old Apr 15th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish I had not told anybody

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
I started planning in april 2005. applied in Aug 2005. got an AOR which states 36 months.

While i had started working on the applications i had contacted a lot of people for information and also took help for collecting the required documents. But now whenever i call somebody the first thing they ask is "what happened and when are u going?". They just dont seem to digest the fact that i would get a response only in late 2008 or 2009.

some of them even think i might be thinking that i did not get it and just buying my time by saying 2008 or 2009.

I just wish I had not told anybody. .

regs
regs i sympathise, i have found that some people dismiss you and act as if you have left already, i have had comments at work such as "what do you care you are leaving" I think the psychology is that they feel you are abandoning them so feel offended.

maybe tell them you have changed your mind and then it will be a surprise when you go!

bats
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
regs i sympathise, i have found that some people dismiss you and act as if you have left already, i have had comments at work such as "what do you care you are leaving" I think the psychology is that they feel you are abandoning them so feel offended.

maybe tell them you have changed your mind and then it will be a surprise when you go!

bats
I totally agree with what you have both said, i also wish that i had kept quiet of our plans until i have actually got through the whole process and got the visa. My boss especially changed towards me once she realised that i wasn't just full of hot air- i had comments at the start like 'you won't go', then when i got my skills assessment through in a matter of days and she saw how elated i was, i then got 'don't think your just gonna coast along here until you immigration thing comes through', the sad thing is that my approach, attitude and effort i put into my job is no different from the day i started, i think that she has just taken it as very personal!
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

karen wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant futurekaren wild has a brilliant future

it's worse for me!
i have told everyone about it and now i have pulled out of it all!!!
making the excuse that hubby' health has scuppered our plans.
nevertheless, if CIC do not return my cash i will just go thru the motions.
problem is when u get enough points and you are doing the application, u get so excited that u want to tell everyone!
k

Originally Posted by little bear
I totally agree with what you have both said, i also wish that i had kept quiet of our plans until i have actually got through the whole process and got the visa. My boss especially changed towards me once she realised that i wasn't just full of hot air- i had comments at the start like 'you won't go', then when i got my skills assessment through in a matter of days and she saw how elated i was, i then got 'don't think your just gonna coast along here until you immigration thing comes through', the sad thing is that my approach, attitude and effort i put into my job is no different from the day i started, i think that she has just taken it as very personal!
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Know what you all mean. Everytime I phone my grandparents they ask "have you heard anything about Canada" and every time I explain I won't hear anything for 3 years! It just doesn't sink in!!

Also, I just handed my notice in at work as we are moving back to the UK from Jersey and everyone's reaction is "what about Canada?". How many times have I had to explain that it is all still happening but that we can't put our lives on hold for three years!

Oh well, off to eat a choccie egg!

Happy Easter all!

Kaz x
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karen wild
it's worse for me!
i have told everyone about it and now i have pulled out of it all!!!
making the excuse that hubby' health has scuppered our plans.
nevertheless, if CIC do not return my cash i will just go thru the motions.
problem is when u get enough points and you are doing the application, u get so excited that u want to tell everyone!
k

I don't know about that Karen. We've just had our file closed after fighting to overturn the rejection letter we received last year DH sat the French TEF in Feb. 2006 but did not pass. We needed 2 points, that was all. He knew the TEF was a tough test but gave it his best shot as we didn't think we had another option at the time. Now we'll have to look at another way into Canada.

I sympathise with the OP as you do get peeps askng you about Canada all the time. We told both sets of parents of our plans 2 years ago after getting our File No. In hindsight (what a wonderful thing that is ) I wouldn't have told a soul until much later on and we were sure of getting our visas. In that 2 years we've become estranged from hubby's parents, my brother has dropped off the face of the earth and we been 'dropped' by so called friends who don't want to bother with us. My parents, although devastated by our decision to go to Canada have been very supportive, especially through difficult times with my MIL. You really do find out who cares about you.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh thats awful for all of you guys, i thought working for a witch was bad enough, we're going to Oz (fingers & everything else crossed) but i just felt the connection with the original posting title.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 10:09 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

What gets me is those people who you tell and they say "we will miss you" and they are the people you see maybe twice a year, never ring you, so how can they miss you??