Will they sens draft back?

Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:43 am
Just Joined

1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future
Default Will they sens draft back?

Ive sent my fees to the London office made payable to Canadian High Commission will they send this back as I now realise they want something else.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Gone in 30 days will become famous soon enoughGone in 30 days will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will they sens draft back?

Originally Posted by 1972
Ive sent my fees to the London office made payable to Canadian High Commission will they send this back as I now realise they want something else.

We also sent fees to the London office made payable to Canadian High Commission and had no problems. In fact we are just about to send off our passports for our visas.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I would check this info i was told to pack the IMO payable to "Governor general Canada" this might not be the full name i can not remember, but i know that they said any IMO's checks etc not made out this way would be returned.

Check on the CIC website, you might be able to send a replacement without it effecting your application.

Gary
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:15 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Bank Draft should be made payable to RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:16 am
Just Joined

1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future1972 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gone in 30 days
We also sent fees to the London office made payable to Canadian High Commission and had no problems. In fact we are just about to send off our passports for our visas.

Thanks for the info.I think I will just wait and see if there is a problem before trying to get a new draft sent.I cant believe they dont specify who to make it payable to on the checklist. I know its on the London office website but I was so stressed getting all my info together I forgot to check.The checklist would make it far easier, it must be a common mistake.
Thanks again.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Gone in 30 days will become famous soon enoughGone in 30 days will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1972
Thanks for the info.I think I will just wait and see if there is a problem before trying to get a new draft sent.I cant believe they dont specify who to make it payable to on the checklist. I know its on the London office website but I was so stressed getting all my info together I forgot to check.The checklist would make it far easier, it must be a common mistake.
Thanks again.

We know it is stressfull knowing that you have made a mistake. We had our AOR and were constantly worried for the next 12 months that the whole application would have to be resubmitted. We would suggest that if you are really worried that you fax them telling them that you know you have made a mistake. On our medical forms they made a mistake and two days after faxing them they telephoned to advise us.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 6:13 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gone in 30 days
We know it is stressfull knowing that you have made a mistake. We had our AOR and were constantly worried for the next 12 months that the whole application would have to be resubmitted. We would suggest that if you are really worried that you fax them telling them that you know you have made a mistake. On our medical forms they made a mistake and two days after faxing them they telephoned to advise us.
For most missions if you pay in the local currency then the payee is the mission name - "Canadian High Commission" or "Canadian Embassy" etc. If you pay in Canadian dollars the payee is "Receiver General for Canada". Payment instructions are usually found in the mission websites.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:06 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
For most missions if you pay in the local currency then the payee is the mission name - "Canadian High Commission" or "Canadian Embassy" etc. If you pay in Canadian dollars the payee is "Receiver General for Canada". Payment instructions are usually found in the mission websites.
The London CHC office specific instructions are that fees have to be paid in Canadian Dollars by bankers draft, made payable to Receiver General for Canada.