Will it really take this long?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

RichardN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will it really take this long?

My wife and I applied under the skilled worker category at the London Embassy via an Immigration Lawyer scoring 73 points. We received confirmation stating do not expect to receive anything for 30 months. Will it really take this long? This has jumped up from 18 months (for applications last year) to 30 months. Can anyone explain the sudden change?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:26 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will it really take this long?

Originally Posted by RichardN
My wife and I applied under the skilled worker category at the London Embassy via an Immigration Lawyer scoring 73 points. We received confirmation stating do not expect to receive anything for 30 months. Will it really take this long? This has jumped up from 18 months (for applications last year) to 30 months. Can anyone explain the sudden change?
Hi Richard ..... quite simply the number of applications that they have received since reducing the pass mark. We applied in early April 2004 and received our AOR on 11 June 2004 stating an eighteen month wait until we hear from them. We haven't heard anything from them yet (we are now two days over that deadline ). I see from other posts on this forum that people who received their AOR in July 2004 are now being written to by London CHC and advised that they may now not hear from them until Feb/March 2006 .... confused ... most of us are!

I also seem to remember that some people earlier this year were advised that they may have to wait 36 months but from what you say that has now been reduced again to 30 months.

There really doesn't seem any logic to it ...... I guess there are two options for people applying now - either sit back and enjoy the wait or get out there and try and get a job offer to reduce it.

Best of luck! J
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

The volume of applications, and also the reintroduction of all the cases that were stalled due to the change of rules. Processing times are steadily climbing at CIC office round the world.

Some folks on here who applied May/June/July 2004, with AOR stating a wait of 18 months, are reporting that they are getting letters from CIC London stating that their file will not begin to be processed for between an additional 3 to 6 months to that is taking the time up to at least 21 months.

I haven't received such a letter yet, but then my 18 months is not up for another 6 weeks or so.

Conversely Andrew Miller reported on an earlier thread that a number of his applicants from June and one from July 2004 had recently received their medical requests so there is mixed signals coming from London at the moment, but in general the times are going up and will continue to do so till there is some change in the pass mark or other change in the whole immigration process.

Dozzzzy

Sorry, duplicated most of what Jenwren said above, great minds, as they say...
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:01 am
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future

Hi

We had our AOR June 04' and it stated 21 months, I think the waiting time has steadily increase for the last few years, I have also seen reports of 36months on a few threads.

Follow this link

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

Hopefully the time will go quickly, when we applied and was given 21months I thought it would take forever to arrive, now we are less than twelve months to go.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:58 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by riddle89
Hi

We had our AOR June 04' and it stated 21 months, I think the waiting time has steadily increase for the last few years, I have also seen reports of 36months on a few threads.

Follow this link

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/e_protim.htm

Hopefully the time will go quickly, when we applied and was given 21months I thought it would take forever to arrive, now we are less than twelve months to go.
We can expect time line like that as they have backlog of 800K + application and these numbers are growing day by day. I am not sure how they going to get rid of this backlog . So set back and relax and enjoy the life where you are until some miracle happens.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

lucky that u have been told to wait only 30 months. we are behind you and have been told to wait atleast 36 months. So i am expecting to finish it in 48 months.

regs
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road

Oh! RichardN that was a bit cruel!!

By posting in the way you did, it made my heart skip a beat...I thought that CIC London had decided to speed up!!

Alas, your AOR has not "just arrived" (as I and probably others in my situation thought), and you indeed received it in July 2005.

You didn't half make my day ...for about half a minute, since I would have loved a 30 month AOR...

I'm sure you didn't mean it though

Carol

...currently sorting out a "student option" in order to get to BC a bit sooner if poss!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:41 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
Oh! RichardN that was a bit cruel!!

By posting in the way you did, it made my heart skip a beat...I thought that CIC London had decided to speed up!!

Alas, your AOR has not "just arrived" (as I and probably others in my situation thought), and you indeed received it in July 2005.

You didn't half make my day ...for about half a minute, since I would have loved a 30 month AOR...

I'm sure you didn't mean it though

Carol

...currently sorting out a "student option" in order to get to BC a bit sooner if poss!!
Well spotted Carol ...... I didn't see that!!

J
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Unfortunately, yes......