Will our application be declined?

Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will our application be declined?

Hi everyone!
Can anyone please help? We are very confused and quite scared as we are in the very early stages of applying for PR as a SW! We are expected to hear back by 02.04.09 if we are eligable to move on to the next stage, or get our money back!
Our problem is that my husband stated on the original form that he completed his 5 year plumbing apprenticeship and since we sent off the form we have discovered that his apprenticeship wasnt even completed. He has 14+ years work experience in the trade, with some college certificates. We are terrified that our application will be refused for supplying 'false info' or that my husband would not be able to get employment anyway!
Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you!!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 1:57 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will our application be declined?

Originally Posted by tinyteds
Hi everyone!
Can anyone please help? We are very confused and quite scared as we are in the very early stages of applying for PR as a SW! We are expected to hear back by 02.04.09 if we are eligable to move on to the next stage, or get our money back!
Our problem is that my husband stated on the original form that he completed his 5 year plumbing apprenticeship and since we sent off the form we have discovered that his apprenticeship wasnt even completed. He has 14+ years work experience in the trade, with some college certificates. We are terrified that our application will be refused for supplying 'false info' or that my husband would not be able to get employment anyway!
I'm not 100% sure if I've understood the question correctly.

Are you saying he does have experience as a plumber (and therefore his occupation is on the list of 38) but that you have claimed points for an educational credential that he didnt actually have a t the time the applications was submitted?

If the above is correct then note that you can supply evidence of achieving a new educational credential subsequent to submitting the original application and visa officers have to take this into account.

In the CIC manuals it says:

"Pursuant to R77, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that the applicant has completed at the time the application is made. If further study is completed and documentation submitted between application and assessment, officers must award the points for the highest educational credential obtained at the time of assessment."

So if you claimed a qualification he didnt have but he does have it now (or is about to get it) you should write to the Visa Office making the mistake clear and making clear that it was not intended to be misrepresentation but a genuine error, and providing evidence that he does have the qualification now.

Or if he doesnt have it (and isnt about to get it) you need to make sure you still meet the points score without and still notify the Visa Office of the error.

But let me know if I have misunderstood.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone!
thank you so much for your prompt reply!
Yes you understood my question okay, but no he does not have the qualification and to get the full qualification as required in scotland he would now have to return to college and repeat everything, taking 3 years!! this is not an option for us as we need his wages! We did take the quick point score test with the cic website and we said that he did not have his apprenticeship. We scrape by with enough points if he has employment to go to (which is what we would want anyway as its a huge move without the hassles of unemploment!!), but would he qualify for the NS PNP with only work experience and some college qualifications?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:21 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much for your prompt reply!
Yes you understood my question okay, but no he does not have the qualification and to get the full qualification as required in scotland he would now have to return to college and repeat everything, taking 3 years!! this is not an option for us as we need his wages! We did take the quick point score test with the cic website and we said that he did not have his apprenticeship. We scrape by with enough points if he has employment to go to (which is what we would want anyway as its a huge move without the hassles of unemploment!!), but would he qualify for the NS PNP with only work experience and some college qualifications?
But if you already applied without Arranged Employment yet you need Arranged Employment to score enough points then your Skilled Worker application will almost certainly be rejected.

To qualify under NS PNP skilled worker stream you do not have to meet the same points score as FSW (there are still criteria to meet but they are less stringent) but you do need a job offer to apply.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NSpaul
But if you already applied without Arranged Employment yet you need Arranged Employment to score enough points then your Skilled Worker application will almost certainly be rejected.

To qualify under NS PNP skilled worker stream you do not have to meet the same points score as FSW (there are still criteria to meet but they are less stringent) but you do need a job offer to apply.
I suppose it shows our stupidity and lack of immigration procedures knowledge prior to submitting our first form!
When we originally put in the form we had enough points with the 'apprenticeship' and we thought that since it would take roughly 4 years to get to canada we thought that no-one would employ my husband 4 years before his start date, so we felt we had plenty time to explore employment oppertunities nearer the time. At that point we also never knew about PNPs!
Oh my, I have no idea now what we should be trying to do! Do you have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 3:07 am
Immigration Consultant

I suppose it shows our stupidity and lack of immigration procedures knowledge prior to submitting our first form!
When we originally put in the form we had enough points with the 'apprenticeship' and we thought that since it would take roughly 4 years to get to canada we thought that no-one would employ my husband 4 years before his start date, so we felt we had plenty time to explore employment oppertunities nearer the time. At that point we also never knew about PNPs!
Oh my, I have no idea now what we should be trying to do! Do you have any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!!
I've sent you a PM about this. First thing is to double-check your points score and I need more detail for that.