Will CIC respond ?

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Will CIC respond ?

I had extra medical tests done back end November, these were fine no issues. The DMP sent the reports off and I also got sent a copy by the cardiologist for my records.

The DMP phoned and said that the Consulate should get the report on Tuesday 9th Dec. I waited patiently up until the middle of Jan. I then sent an email via the website just saying that the Consulate should have recieved the reports in early Dec and that if they hadn't I had a personal copy that I could forward.

I had no reply, where when I sent last May that they had me down as a buisness applicant not a FSW they got back next day. So I sent another in the same way - not pushing but trying to let them know that they should have had, but if didn't I could forward mine. I sent this over a week ago - still no reply.

Should I keep on or be patient ? I did tell them in November that due to the postal dispute I would like to receive all correspondance in email but ????

Cheers for your views.

JET
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:01 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will CIC respond ?

i think you should just be patient. i sent an email via the web site to them late last year and they replied over two weeks later by email.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

you know what when i was going through the process, i emailed them 4 times for a few issues and got 3 replies, the trick is to keep the email short and sweet and not ask too many questions and simply to the point....

its upto you really, some email and never get a reply, some email and get a reply, some email and get PR request the same or next day...i guess it all depends on how nice the person is feeling the dat they recieve your email...who knows what happens when we email them, maybe they get deleted or sent to the officer dealing with your case or someone sits there reads them and replies to the easy emails....

if you do decide to email again include the following -

name
dob
file number
date

Hope this helps...

MR79

Last edited by MR79; Feb 8th 2010 at 11:13 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

I sent a case specific request on their site - but like you said who knows what happens the other end to them ?

I don't know the setup. Maybe one officer looks after 1000 applications or maybe 10 ?

I will try again soon, such a shame that ECas doesn't work as well as it should !!!

Thanks

JET
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

yep it is a shame and my guess is, its down to resources, i bet you they have so many applications that need dealing with but not enough staff to cover this, then on top they have the email function and who knows how it operates. Im guessing e-cas is the least of their worries...hence why it gets updated for some people and not for others...Ive heard that they start on one case then put that aside while they wait for results and stuff and then start on another case, so imagine how long a file can sit there and kind of get lost in the system is not a good thing, so an email from time to time is always a good thing, just even to remind the officer to check out the progress and not forgetting to try and get the file finalised....its a tough job...
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a tracking number for your report? If you do, then you should be able to find proof of them receiving it (by inputting the tracking number on the carriers website you should be able to see when it was received and who by).

I would ask the DMP for it if you don't, and then get the proof.

Then send an e-mail to the Medical services Division asking for confirmation of receipt and an update on the file. You do need to quote your name, d.o.b., address and client file ID in the e-mail.

Put your name and both your Client ID AND Medical System Number in the subject line.

I had a similar situation when my son was required to have a psychiatric evaluation done. The report was sent to CIC and..... nothing!

Initially, I e-mailed CIC Medical division and asked them to please confirm receipt. I also asked for an update on the file and confirmation that the case was being reviewed by the Chief Medical Officer's division.

I received a request for the date the report was sent and the tracking number, which I provided and I also enclosed a copy of the signed receipt confirmation.

Within 3 days I had confirmation that the file was with the Medical Officer.

I sent another e-mail asking them to send me confirmation when the file had been cleared for Medicals and was with the Case Processing Officer.

It took 9 weeks to clear but I did receive confirmation that it was with the Case Processing Officer for final clearance.

I must admit I became a bit of a pest with my e-mails!

I confirm, keep it short and to the point each time, and always, always poliite!

NB the e-mail address I sent my emails to was: [email protected]
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Siouxie

My PR application via AINP has been showing as "in process" since 22/12/09. Do you think it's worth sending a quick e-mail to enquire when the med requests are likely to arrive? I only ask as the normal wait seems to be about 6 weeks from receipt to med requests for the AINP applications.

Tim
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
Siouxie

My PR application via AINP has been showing as "in process" since 22/12/09. Do you think it's worth sending a quick e-mail to enquire when the med requests are likely to arrive? I only ask as the normal wait seems to be about 6 weeks from receipt to med requests for the AINP applications.

Tim
Providing you are over the normal processing times. It does say 6 months processing for Provincial Nominees see here "...Note: This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above..."

If you are over the 6 month mark, I think you would be within your rights to ask for an update on your file. I wouldn't ask specifically when Med requests will be issued as you are unlikely to receive an anwer.

The link for case specific enquiries for London is here

Case specific enquiries, other offices is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../enquiries.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 9th 2010 at 1:45 am.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Siouxie

Thanks. I have checked my case again. I submitted my initial application to Sydney last Jan 2009 and they accepted this and sent my file number to London on Jan 19th 2009.

They started to process the info on April 30th 2009.

Therefore would it be 12 months Jan or April ? I think probably the latter. This being true then that would only give me from April to September to Land if they took 12 months.

I will take some of your points up in a polite fashion - - probably friday - just give them the rest of the week.

JET
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Submitted a polite eweb case specific to CIC. Just asked if they could confirm that the medical reports had been received and are being processed as the DMP doesn't have the tracking number. I have a spare if required.

See what happens

JET
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

good luck, hopefully that shud work and you will get a reply...remember it is hit and miss with these people...