Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will asking for my passport delay the process?

Will asking for my passport delay the process?

Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:16 pm
Waiting for Passport Back

bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will asking for my passport delay the process?

I received my PPR on Aug 16 and submitted it on Aug 29. It is still on the embassy and I was told I could ask for it if I needed to use it. I have a business trip to the US that I have been delaying for fear that asking for my passport would put me back in the queue or delay my process in any form. Apparently there is no more postponing my trip so I will have to go in January 2006 does anybody (expert and non expert opinions are valued alike because I have no idea) if doing this is going to delay my case, I would only have my passport for a week during my trip and send it back to the embassy as soon as I return.

thanks

bm71
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:34 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will asking for my passport delay the process?

Originally Posted by bm71
I received my PPR on Aug 16 and submitted it on Aug 29. It is still on the embassy and I was told I could ask for it if I needed to use it. I have a business trip to the US that I have been delaying for fear that asking for my passport would put me back in the queue or delay my process in any form. Apparently there is no more postponing my trip so I will have to go in January 2006 does anybody (expert and non expert opinions are valued alike because I have no idea) if doing this is going to delay my case, I would only have my passport for a week during my trip and send it back to the embassy as soon as I return.

thanks

bm71
Normally they called you for PPR when every thing is done on your case and I can't say any thing because it should be returned in particular time frame. They can't hold passport for long and processing something else until some serious issue are happening with your case or passport. Did you contact CIC and asked why it taking long and you can ask for your passport as you have to go on business not a pleasure trip which you can postpone further.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:37 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

thanks

bm71
Sorry I can't answer this one for you. However you may like to post which visa office your passport is with. That way once an expert finds this thread you stand a better chance of getting a meaningful answer.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 3:31 am
Waiting for Passport Back

bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzRob
Sorry I can't answer this one for you. However you may like to post which visa office your passport is with. That way once an expert finds this thread you stand a better chance of getting a meaningful answer.
I contacted them and they said I could request my passport at anytime, but they did not tell me anything about it delaying my case or not. I am Applying as Skilled Professional through the embassy in Bogota, Colombia.

I know that I have to ask for my passport now because there is no more postponing of my trip, I'd like to know how much, if at all is this trip going to affect or delay my process.

bm71
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

It would delay it, but it wouldn't put you at the back of the queue again...

thanks

bm71