Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will anyone be at CIC on a Saturday...

Will anyone be at CIC on a Saturday...

Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:28 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Will anyone be at CIC on a Saturday...

...to sign for an envelope?

I am needing to post docs to them, to stay within the 60 day time frame, having thankfully just received the bankers draft in the mail.

I would normally post stuff to them, recorded signed-for or special delivery, to ensure that it gets there or at least I can see if theres been a signature on the signed for service...for peace of mind...

With it being Friday, is there any point in trying for next-day delivery with it being Saturday tomorrow?

Will anyone be there to sign for it, do you think? Or shall I just not post til Monday and have it arrive on Tuesday which may be about day 59!

Cheers , katie
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice
Default Re: Will anyone be at CIC on a Saturday...

I paid for Sat delivery and they delivered it on Monday, on the online tracking it noted as being held back for monday delivery as they said no one would be there to accept it.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:45 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will anyone be at CIC on a Saturday...

Originally Posted by sdo1982
I paid for Sat delivery and they delivered it on Monday, on the online tracking it noted as being held back for monday delivery as they said no one would be there to accept it.
Thanks very much for that, SDO1982.

SO I figure, that I either just send it normal first class and it'll get posted through their letterbox on Saturday, but i'd have no way of knowing, or I pay for signed for/special and accept it won't get signed for/delivered til Monday. Think i'll go with the latter.