Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will AINP Family stream accept me????

Will AINP Family stream accept me????

Old May 5th 2010, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default Will AINP Family stream accept me????

I have 4 years Telecom engineering degree with 2 years 3 months of experience in telecom and have 4 months of IT field (SAP) experience . So my case is like

Total experence:2 years 7 months

Telecom experience after degree: 2 years 3 months
IT experience(SAP) : 4 months

According to AINP Family stream Requirements
* a minimum of three (3) years of full-time work experience that is related to the individual's post-secondary credential within the past four (4) years
* a minimum of three (3) years of full-time post-secondary school within the past four (4) years
* a combination of three (3) years of full-time work experience and full-time post-secondary school within the past four (4) years. Your education and work experience must be related (i.e. an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer).

Will AINP Family stream accept my mixed experience?

In telecom field i was working and "Operation and maintenance Engineer". In SAP I am working as "Plant Maintenance Consultant" . But in general there is very little match in between these two fields.

So i am not doing job in my field which is telecom at the moment what will happen?
Old May 5th 2010, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will AINP Family stream accept me????

Regardless of the fact that your most recent work experience doesn't appear to be related to your degree, you don't seem to qualify anyway as you haven't got a minimum of 3 years work experience?

So I can't see how you'd be eligible at the moment, think you'll need to wait another 5 months before you can apply - although I've no idea if your most recent experience will count if it's in IT. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me of the IT/Telecoms industry will be able to tell you if it would be considered 'related' to your degree, but at the very least you'll have to wait another 5 months before your relative can apply as you haven't done 3 years yet.

And as an aside, please don't 'bump' your own threads, it's not good forum netiquette. Particularly after only a few hours - remember that most of Canada is still fast asleep!!