Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

wildy immigration closed help needed

wildy immigration closed help needed

Old May 4th 2015, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wildy immigration closed help needed

Before the police charge anyone with fraud they must be satisfied there was INTENT TO DEFRAUD.
Business mismanagement is not a criminal offense.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:57 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Just an additional thought: those who recently paid any kind of fee by credit card, may have a route to recuperate said fees via credit card company ...
The limit is 90 days from payment for credit cards for services or goods not provided.
Old May 4th 2015, 5:11 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I see both points of view here.

If there are funds which should have been held in trust, & weren't, there's a case for pursuing the matter.

As far as bankruptcy proceedings go, I'm with Aviator.
bingo
Old May 4th 2015, 6:56 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
bingo
But if bankruptcy has been filed, a civil case cannot be started.
Old May 4th 2015, 7:28 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

oh you and your rules
Old May 4th 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
oh you and your rules
Not my rules.
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act

Other than the crown, secured and preferential creditors, in most bankruptcy cases everyone else will be lucky to see pennies on the dollar.

We did get a good creditor agreement on one (for a bankruptcy anyway), but have yet to see the money! If payment fails to be made, all that happens is the company is dissolved and we are all SOL so not worth losing sleep over.

Last edited by Aviator; May 4th 2015 at 7:44 pm.
Old May 4th 2015, 7:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If you file for bankruptcy and then it turns out that some of the information you have provided and sworn oath on is actually untrue - what happens then? Is it cancelled? Do they just amend it?
Old May 4th 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If you file for bankruptcy and then it turns out that some of the information you have provided and sworn oath on is actually untrue - what happens then? Is it cancelled? Do they just amend it?
Depends on what is wrong and if the error can be proven as being wrong. An accusation would not be sufficient, there would have to be substantive proof.

If it is minor, such as the spelling of a name or address, would be amended. If it is more substantial, it would have to go before the court, or may be able to be sorted out by the receiver/trustee. The nature of the error or omission and whether it were deliberate or a genuine mistake would determine the outcome.
Old May 4th 2015, 9:25 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Depends on what is wrong and if the error can be proven as being wrong. An accusation would not be sufficient, there would have to be substantive proof.

If it is minor, such as the spelling of a name or address, would be amended. If it is more substantial, it would have to go before the court, or may be able to be sorted out by the receiver/trustee. The nature of the error or omission and whether it were deliberate or a genuine mistake would determine the outcome.
Thanks!
Old May 4th 2015, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Thanks!
We always consult a lawyer before deciding on a course of action or if unclear of our position, as should anyone considering any form of legal action. Sometimes, the result is not worth the grief.

We've just finished a 4+ year small claims action. The sum was the limit of the small claims court, but in reality, it was not worth the aggravation. The other guy sued us, so left us no option but to counterclaim. I guess he'll be more careful before taking that road in the future! He did pay up every penny plus costs and interest, but not without several payment hearings.
Old May 22nd 2015, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Madjellie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a little late catching up with all of this, due to disruption in life! I didn't realise things had gotten this bad or murky with the closure of Wildy until I caught up with this thread.
I didn't actually have anything in process when The Email came through in February, but I am out of pocket due to PR retainer payments following temp work permits.
My wife and I, having already been in Canada 2 years, had a quote for the temp permits and PR application, and last summer had temp work permit (wife) and visitor visa (me) granted as our circumstances weren't valid for me to get work permit. Paul stated once our circumstances had changed a further work permit application would be put in at no extra cost to ourselves. Throughout November/December I tried to contact Paul to arrange this to no avail until around Christmas I had brief phone conversation with him during which nothing was resolved!
I'm currently back in the UK alone working as bills need to be paid, such is the way of life....
I'm currently trying to figure it out myself about getting my open work permit, and am clarifying info given to me on here from FL.

But is there any agreement on the best recourse for a refund of fees for work not done/completed? I'm rather confused about it, having read through the entire thread The ongoing payments were being made on a UK credit card, so maybe I have an option to go to them, as iirc the last payment was taken in March...?

Whilst I'm on here I also want to add my thanks to AmyDavid for all the help and advice you've given everyone affected by this - from reading through you've gone above and beyond in helping this be a less stressful experience for so many people. You worked on our study/work permit applications going back to 2012, and it's always been a pleasure interacting with you.
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Madjellie
But is there any agreement on the best recourse for a refund of fees for work not done/completed? I'm rather confused about it, having read through the entire thread The ongoing payments were being made on a UK credit card, so maybe I have an option to go to them, as iirc the last payment was taken in March...?
It up to the receiver what gets paid out. When a corporation goes under, unsecured creditors are unlikely to get anything. If funds were supposed to be held in trust and were not, the receiver has to sort this out.

Bottom line is how much money there is to distribute after the receiver has been paid, the secured creditors and priority creditors.

Claims for goods or services not provided with most credit cards you have 90 days from when the charge was made. The card issuers will require proof and will contact the service provider for their position on the claim, this will likely go to the receiver as well. The credit card company won't be able to claw back their payment from a business in receivership, so you may want to call them and ask how to proceed.

For most, it would be better to write off any losses and forget about it. If in the end you get some back look at it as a bonus.