Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

wildy immigration closed help needed

wildy immigration closed help needed

Old May 1st 2015, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Skillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud of
Default Re: wildy immigration closed help needed

If anyone would like me to email any info I have then you can PM me and I'd be happy to share what I have.
Old May 2nd 2015, 5:53 am
Just Joined

BarnesFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I am in the same boat as everyone on here. Paul's email floored me completely. Thanks to Fiona and Amy my pack was sent off in August 2014 and cic received it on the 8th August. I was told by Paul after emailing him numerous times that there would be nothing left for me to do as we had received the AOR. However our work permits expire in 3 months and no help was offered. We eventually got the money together to get another lawyer involved who is now questioning the pack that was sent and has said it could have been done better. Amy I know you have been on this site and thank goodness you are the only person right now who we trust with answers. I hope you remember us Emma and Graham and I would just like your opinion on the pack as we are now very very nervous we will be rejected under the old cec rules. We have asked this new lawyer on numerous occasions what he feels is wrong and he has said the job ref letter and the job duties. It takes him at least 3-4 weeks to reply and we have also asked him if he has changed addresses for us and he has said he has but looking in web there is no change it is still saying Wildy Immigration. Not sure if being paranoid but would like some advice on what we should do? Hope you are ok Amy and it will be nice to chat to you.
Old May 2nd 2015, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Canadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

We are pushing on with getting the Halifax police dept to sit up and take notice as what he has done is to commit fraud. Plain and simple. Without going too much into it, we do have a lawyer involved and this is what we are pressing for. He cannot get away with this, or be allowed to. Regardless of going bankrupt and the whole issue of creditors, there were other things going on which need to be investigated. This investigation can only be conducted by the proper authorities. I can only urge individuals to keep on as the more people who do hi-light this, only then can something be done. We will keep you posted......
Old May 2nd 2015, 12:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BarnesFamily
Hi everyone, I am in the same boat as everyone on here. Paul's email floored me completely. Thanks to Fiona and Amy my pack was sent off in August 2014 and cic received it on the 8th August. I was told by Paul after emailing him numerous times that there would be nothing left for me to do as we had received the AOR. However our work permits expire in 3 months and no help was offered. We eventually got the money together to get another lawyer involved who is now questioning the pack that was sent and has said it could have been done better. Amy I know you have been on this site and thank goodness you are the only person right now who we trust with answers. I hope you remember us Emma and Graham and I would just like your opinion on the pack as we are now very very nervous we will be rejected under the old cec rules. We have asked this new lawyer on numerous occasions what he feels is wrong and he has said the job ref letter and the job duties. It takes him at least 3-4 weeks to reply and we have also asked him if he has changed addresses for us and he has said he has but looking in web there is no change it is still saying Wildy Immigration. Not sure if being paranoid but would like some advice on what we should do? Hope you are ok Amy and it will be nice to chat to you.
Hi Emma - of course I remember you! Sorry to hear you are in the middle of all this shit as well.

K - some questions. Did you receive notification that your pack was accepted for processing by CIC? Have you been asked to go for medicals?

I can't comment on the state of the pack as I don't remember what was in it etc and Paul would have done the final check through on it - though frankly that doesn't mean anything! - I assume the new lawyer has seen a copy of the completed and submitted pack? Did Paul provide this to you?

Regarding the address change - it can take a while to reflect online - though I think you can also ask for it to be changed online - have you tried doing that as well?

One thing I do know - a clients pack was returned to Wildy in December - because no one was in the office to accept it, it was finally returned to CIC. The client found out a week or so ago because they had contacted them to update the address - and they were refused based on the birth certificate not being translated into English/French - so one of the most basic things.

If you haven't had confirmation that CIC are processing your pack, that would be the first thing I would be looking at - how did you pay your Government Fees? Credit card or bank draft? Have you checked to see if they have been cashed/fees taken?
Old May 2nd 2015, 1:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canadian adventurer
Hi everyone,

We are pushing on with getting the Halifax police dept to sit up and take notice as what he has done is to commit fraud. Plain and simple. .
Why not enlighten us?
Old May 2nd 2015, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

BarnesFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hi Emma - of course I remember you! Sorry to hear you are in the middle of all this shit as well.

K - some questions. Did you receive notification that your pack was accepted for processing by CIC? Have you been asked to go for medicals?

I can't comment on the state of the pack as I don't remember what was in it etc and Paul would have done the final check through on it - though frankly that doesn't mean anything! - I assume the new lawyer has seen a copy of the completed and submitted pack? Did Paul provide this to you?

Regarding the address change - it can take a while to reflect online - though I think you can also ask for it to be changed online - have you tried doing that as well?

One thing I do know - a clients pack was returned to Wildy in December - because no one was in the office to accept it, it was finally returned to CIC. The client found out a week or so ago because they had contacted them to update the address - and they were refused based on the birth certificate not being translated into English/French - so one of the most basic things.

If you haven't had confirmation that CIC are processing your pack, that would be the first thing I would be looking at - how did you pay your Government Fees? Credit card or bank draft? Have you checked to see if they have been cashed/fees taken?
Hi Amy oh so nice to talk to a person we know... we have received the aor Paul sent that to us on Nov 3rd saying there should be nothing else to do with regards to pack. We have seen and paid for a new lawyer to take over but honestly it take him over 3 weeks to reply to simple things. Paul did email over the pack he sent to immigration which i gave to them and they are querying the job ref letter and duties. Really worried as we have to leave on August 8th or that is when our permits expire.. Any ideas ??
For the credit card we used wildy one as ours was expiring and couldn't be used. All this is just so stressful especially when Paul had said all is good to go. Amy you are a lifesaver.

Last edited by BarnesFamily; May 2nd 2015 at 3:36 pm.
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skillicorn
If you would like more help, support and advice with telephone contacts etc <snip> As a team we have more power to make things happen and hopefully get some justice!
Lots of talk about 'bringing him to justice', what has he done wrong, other than go bankrupt, for which bankruptcy laws apply.

Last edited by BEVS; May 3rd 2015 at 10:26 pm. Reason: as per above note
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:19 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Lots of talk about 'bringing him to justice', what has he done wrong, other than go bankrupt, for which bankruptcy laws apply.
Possibly he spent money that should have been held in trust? (Just speculation as I don't know)
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Possibly he spent money that should have been held in trust? (Just speculation as I don't know)
I suppose it could look like fraud however it would be the devil's own to prove that, although there is always a chance. It would come down to a paper trail.

We had the exact same thing here with Golden Bay Immigration. Not all the clients had recourse. It was the NZ Immigration Authority that brought the case.

Possibly then ICCRC could do similar .
Old May 4th 2015, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Canadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of lightCanadian adventurer is a glorious beacon of light

Aviator, I am intrigued as to how you are connected to Wildy Immigration as you don't appear to have been a client and you seem very keen to push the bankruptcy theory? There are many, many people on this forum who have sustained significant financial loss and emotional upset by Mr Wildy's actions. Your comments, at times, have been far from supportive and whilst I appreciate you have the right to your opinions, I would ask again, how has this affected you? There are many of us who have been DIRECTLY affected and are trying our best to salvage what we can and if it comes to no avail, then so be it, but at least we will have tried rather than to have sat back and have done nothing. My final comment is that if this business was run correctly, fairly and honestly all monies would have safeguarded and paid back to clients, regardless of bankruptcy. This has most definitely not been done - why not? Please PM either myself or Skillicorn if you have been directly affected.
Old May 4th 2015, 11:30 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Section 12.3 of the ICCRC Code of Ethics - a consultant must not appropriate any money held in trust for a client.

So any client whose application is not finished to the point of receiving PR or refusal - there should be some of their fees left in the trust account.....also people who paid government processing fees to Wildy and these were yet to be paid...these should also be sat safely in the trust account.

So I guess clients want to know where is this trust account and when can they have their money back?
Old May 4th 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Canadian adventurer
Aviator, I am intrigued as to how you are connected to Wildy Immigration as you don't appear to have been a client and you seem very keen to push the bankruptcy theory? There are many, many people on this forum who have sustained significant financial loss and emotional upset by Mr Wildy's actions. Your comments, at times, have been far from supportive and whilst I appreciate you have the right to your opinions, I would ask again, how has this affected you? There are many of us who have been DIRECTLY affected and are trying our best to salvage what we can and if it comes to no avail, then so be it, but at least we will have tried rather than to have sat back and have done nothing. My final comment is that if this business was run correctly, fairly and honestly all monies would have safeguarded and paid back to clients, regardless of bankruptcy. This has most definitely not been done - why not? Please PM either myself or Skillicorn if you have been directly affected.
It is all about reality and moving on. Losses can be distressing, I have had more than one significant loss from a client going bankrupt. It was not worth getting in a knot over and wasting my time trying to 'bring them to justice'. My time was better spent moving forward and spending my time constructively on me, not negatively on them.

Once a bankruptcy has been applied for, court proceedings cannot be initiated and existing proceedings are stayed.

With regard to the firm concerned on this thread, from what it seems and if a receiver has been appointed there is an insolvency. Under these circumstances insolvency legislation applies. Nobody on here has stated anything other than bankruptcy or those who want 'justice' without qualification as to what justice means or why they believe that justice is appropriate course of action. How was the business not run 'correctly, fairly and honestly' I asked what he had done wrong, but there seems to be a shortage of detail on this other than bankruptcy.

Surely even those affected are better to spend their time on their immigration and move forward. Justice and court actions can suck the life out of you and take years to end up with very little. There is no room or point in emotion in legal battles and you don't pay the bills with 'satisfaction'. One perhaps has to choose which battles are really worth fighting. I have fought some smaller ones where I had a good chance of success and walked away from some substantial (6 figure) ones, where there was no chance of success. The cause of the problem was irrelevant, the likely result was what determined the action and how much energy it was worth putting into it.

Each time we have a case to deal with, we see a lawyer, decide on the likely outcome and if it is worth pursuing. If it is not, we just drop it and focus our efforts elsewhere.

Last edited by Aviator; May 4th 2015 at 2:58 pm.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I see both points of view here.

If there are funds which should have been held in trust, & weren't, there's a case for pursuing the matter.

As far as bankruptcy proceedings go, I'm with Aviator.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Shirtback
If there are funds which should have been held in trust, & weren't, there's a case for pursuing the matter.
Once bankruptcy has been applied for the matter cannot be pursued in the courts, as in suing an individual or corporation. I don't believe ICCRC can take proceedings either once a firm goes into bankruptcy. Criminal proceedings can still be laid if appropriate on an individual or officers of a corporation if sufficient evidence exists to do so. There has to be clear evidence though, not a petition of disgruntled clients.

As much as one would empathise with those who have lost out, it is a matter of law and not emotion. These folks would better serve themselves by getting what documents they need together and putting energies into their immigration. It may be a bigger financial loss to some than others, but most, if not all, are in a position to recoup this in their new country. As one of my old instructors used to say, 'a part of life's rich tapestry'.

Many have had significant setbacks, some life changing, some life ending, but one has to move forward.

Last edited by Aviator; May 4th 2015 at 3:41 pm.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Just an additional thought: those who recently paid any kind of fee by credit card, may have a route to recuperate said fees via credit card company ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.