Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

wildy immigration closed help needed

wildy immigration closed help needed

Old Mar 6th 2015, 11:50 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wildy immigration closed help needed

If you PM me I may be able to help - I think I know who you are.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 11:59 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Also the reason you wouldn't have had the email is that your case was set to closed on the client database - if you are who I think you are - and there are likely others in the same situation as you - files set to closed but really there is paperwork still due back or fees due back, that won't be aware Wildy has shut down.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Also the reason you wouldn't have had the email is that your case was set to closed on the client database - if you are who I think you are - and there are likely others in the same situation as you - files set to closed but really there is paperwork still due back or fees due back, that won't be aware Wildy has shut down.
Is it not common practice for clients to receive monies back in the event of their files being closed Amy - not for services but for rprf and such like?

What happens now the business has closed? Is there anyway they CAN get their fees back if all Wildy are doing is directing them to CIC when in essence its Wildy that holding the money??

From what I understand CIC / or the insurance aren't refunding as Wildy hasn't declared bankruptcy but if no emails are being answered - where do clients turn now?
Old Mar 6th 2015, 11:01 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Is it not common practice for clients to receive monies back in the event of their files being closed Amy - not for services but for rprf and such like?

What happens now the business has closed? Is there anyway they CAN get their fees back if all Wildy are doing is directing them to CIC when in essence its Wildy that holding the money??

From what I understand CIC / or the insurance aren't refunding as Wildy hasn't declared bankruptcy but if no emails are being answered - where do clients turn now?
To recover lost monies, small claims courts is one area of redress if a business is still active or the business was an individual and they have not personally gone bankrupt. The onus is on the claimant to prove their case and any losses due to the action of the defendant. Can take a while, a lawyer once told me, if you have a strong case, you have a 70% chance of winning, if you have a weak case a 30% chance of winning. I think more for illustration than fact though.

One should also read the contract one entered into very carefully.

We have been successful though small claims, several times, as a claimant and defendant with counterclaims. We have also managed to recover funds from credit card transactions, for services not provided, however this has to be started within 90 days of the transaction for most cards, after which time there is no redress though the card issuer. If you claim failure to provide a service, the service provider usually has to prove to the credit card company that the service was provided, in our case the service provider could not do so and we could show it had not been provided with documentation. The issuers terms of service will lay out how to dispute a transaction.

Even with small claims, an hour with a lawyer can be very worthwhile to determine if there is a case to answer and to help in the preparation.

Guides to small claims procedure are available online, some with video.

Last edited by Aviator; Mar 6th 2015 at 11:05 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 11:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timballs
I too am appalled. We paid ££££s to Paul. Thankfully via credit card.
So long as any dispute is filed within the time frame set in your credit card providers terms of service, usually 90 days from the transaction date. It is not open ended.

Read your card issuers terms for disputing a transaction. If you don't have them, most post them online.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 1:40 am

Someone has told me tonight that in order to get your fees back, you should contact Paul and let him know. He has a list of people who are wanting/are due refunds - this list is either for the receivers or his e&o insurance - the person who told me was not clear on this point.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:20 am
Just Joined

CanadaGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi AllI have received my File number. Although nothing from Paul. I had to chase up myself.
I have now sent off the cancellation of Rep from to 'CIC London' at the London address.

1) Is that the right thing to do
2) Do I have to send another one to cic Canada or will CIC London be sufficient and update the records so I can now directly deal with them.

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaGo
Hi AllI have received my File number. Although nothing from Paul. I had to chase up myself.
I have now sent off the cancellation of Rep from to 'CIC London' at the London address.

1) Is that the right thing to do
2) Do I have to send another one to cic Canada or will CIC London be sufficient and update the records so I can now directly deal with them.

Thanks
Has your file definitely been transferred to London? If so, then there's no need to send anything else.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:59 am
Just Joined

CanadaGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes It is with cic London. In the email they advised me to fill out the form if I wanted to cancel the Rep. So I filled the form out and posted it to them.
I have been checking My online 'Application status' and the mailing address still has not been updated.
I was just wondering if cic London will communicate this with cic Canada so they can all have the same mailing address.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaGo
Yes It is with cic London. In the email they advised me to fill out the form if I wanted to cancel the Rep. So I filled the form out and posted it to them.
I have been checking My online 'Application status' and the mailing address still has not been updated.
I was just wondering if cic London will communicate this with cic Canada so they can all have the same mailing address.
I wouldn't rely on Ecas, we moved part way through our PR application and our address never got updated online! It's notoriously unreliable so don't worry. As long as London have had the form, then that should be all you need to do I think - AmyDavid will no doubt be along later and advise though.

Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Skillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud of

Hi, I have just registered on here so I can ask for help and advice. We too have been let down by Wildy Immigration and received 'the letter'! We don't even know how far Paul got with our application. We signed up in July 2014 and have done our ielts tests and Wes application and sent all the info about ourselves that was requested. We are a family of 5 and have only just gotten around to responding to 'the letter' as myself & my husband have been suffering with health problems caused by the stress of paying the equivalent of 6 months mortgage payments (at the expense of a proper family life) for a service that hasn't been contractually met. We will let you know if we get a response to our letter - in the meantime, any advice would be most welcome. Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Skillicorn
Hi, I have just registered on here so I can ask for help and advice. We too have been let down by Wildy Immigration and received 'the letter'! We don't even know how far Paul got with our application. We signed up in July 2014 and have done our ielts tests and Wes application and sent all the info about ourselves that was requested. We are a family of 5 and have only just gotten around to responding to 'the letter' as myself & my husband have been suffering with health problems caused by the stress of paying the equivalent of 6 months mortgage payments (at the expense of a proper family life) for a service that hasn't been contractually met. We will let you know if we get a response to our letter - in the meantime, any advice would be most welcome. Thanks
Did you provide the WES and IELTS documents to Wildy? What NOC were you applying under?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Skillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud ofSkillicorn has much to be proud of

Hi Amy, I think we dealt with you originally, then told we were to deal with Fiona ! We applied under the federal skilled worker program.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Sorry yes we supplied ielts and Wes to wildy
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Skillicorn
Hi Amy, I think we dealt with you originally, then told we were to deal with Fiona ! We applied under the federal skilled worker program.
Yes I recognized your surname. Did you sign application forms and receive confirmation that your pack was submitted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.