wifes gone!!!

Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future
Default wifes gone!!!

Hey guys.

I need some advice, after only 8 weeks in Canada my wife decided she didnt want to stay any longer and left with my daughter.

So my problem now is, can i stay here in Canada by myself? she was the principal applicant! i have my PR card now.

We came in on the Nova Scotia CI route through Bridgewater rda, now do i still have to remain within the rules, that i must stay in the Bridgewater area or can i move away to say Halifax?

Thanks for reading guys....
Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:11 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wifes gone!!!

Originally Posted by talltrucker2
Hey guys.

I need some advice, after only 8 weeks in Canada my wife decided she didnt want to stay any longer and left with my daughter.

So my problem now is, can i stay here in Canada by myself? she was the principal applicant! i have my PR card now.

We came in on the Nova Scotia CI route through Bridgewater rda, now do i still have to remain within the rules, that i must stay in the Bridgewater area or can i move away to say Halifax?

Blimey! Tough break. Well at least you can stay as you have PR. I would have thought you are free to move where you like since you weren't the one who made whatever committments were made to get PR in the first place.

I'm sure wiser heads will give you a more definitive answer shortly.

Really sorry though - have they returned to UK?
Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes she went back to the uk....
Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:27 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes she went back to the uk....
As in the "Darling I'm leaving" sort of way or as in the "I'll get in the milk and turn the heating on - you come back when you've finished" sort of way?

ignore that - prying

Last edited by rivingtonpike; Dec 10th 2010 at 6:28 pm. Reason: insensitive
Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about you wife leaving... Since I live on the South Shore in the Bridgewater area, I am curious to know what it was she didn't like here, if you don't mind sharing.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 8:23 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get PR , its yours , her leaving and potentially ( in the future) loosing hers has no bearing on your status
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.

OMG that's really tough for you. The PR means you are free to stay despite what your wife chooses to do. I hope you had some warning!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys....

Thank you all so much...

She didn't like the area we bought even though we've been here so many times.

So she decided on the Thursday evening , and was gone on the saturday...
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Actually the same thing happened to me, I came to Canada on a TWP in January 2008 with my wife .....two months later she went back to the UK homesick and peed off. It was a really tough time that unfortunately ended up with a divorce.

Things have worked out eventually though because I'll be landing in February to live with my Canadian girlfriend.

I hope everything turns out well for you, whatever you decide to do.

Tim.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi humanist...

I'm sorry the same happened to you!! its real tough, but i'm going to stay here in canada because i love it here, i'd be stupid to go back to the uk...

It's just a shame divorce takes so long....i have to sell the house, but it's not the end of the world.....things i'm sure will get better for me....
Old Dec 11th 2010, 10:41 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Actually divorce can be quite quick in the UK if you can come up with some unreasonable behavior, leaving to go back to the UK being one reason, think you need 5.

So sorry to hear whats happened. Very best of luck with getting things sorted and for the future.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your news, 8 weeks is not really long enough to decide whether it's the right place or not, but only your wife can decide that.

We've been here 20 weeks tomorrow and love it, however, in the first 5 weeks I would have got back on a plane to the UK. Reasons: missed my two sons aged 23 and 27 and everyone told me it would be difficult to get a teaching job. Although I knew all this before we moved, reality doesn't set in until you make the move permanently. Fortunately for me, I got a teaching job 5 weeks after arriving and have never looked back. I love my job and have great colleagues who have worked hard to ensure I am included in things - they are good friends now. I've been lucky, I know it and feel very fortunate.

Stick with it - if this is where you want to be, things will work out for you.

Goodluck for the future, welcome to Canada and Happy Christmas.

Poppit
Old Dec 11th 2010, 6:05 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys....

Thank you all so much...

She didn't like the area we bought even though we've been here so many times.

So she decided on the Thursday evening , and was gone on the saturday...
Act in haste, repent at leisure.
As demonstrated on this forum many times, the immigration process isn't for everyone and some people don't give it nearly enough time to get over the inevitable homesickness and uncertainty and bolt too soon.
It is heartbreaking to think that she has deprived you and your daughter of each other so cruelly.
You will be able to move on securely in Canada as you are PR with or without her and I hope it can be truly the start of a new life for you.
She may regret acting so quickly and you may find her asking you for another chance. Your call then.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:25 pm
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: wifes gone!!!

Originally Posted by Poppit
So sorry to hear your news, 8 weeks is not really long enough to decide whether it's the right place or not, but only your wife can decide that.

We've been here 20 weeks tomorrow and love it, however, in the first 5 weeks I would have got back on a plane to the UK. Reasons: missed my two sons aged 23 and 27 and everyone told me it would be difficult to get a teaching job. Although I knew all this before we moved, reality doesn't set in until you make the move permanently. Fortunately for me, I got a teaching job 5 weeks after arriving and have never looked back. I love my job and have great colleagues who have worked hard to ensure I am included in things - they are good friends now. I've been lucky, I know it and feel very fortunate.

Stick with it - if this is where you want to be, things will work out for you.

Goodluck for the future, welcome to Canada and Happy Christmas.

Poppit
Hi Poppit...

Just need to ask you a question if I may.

My partner is a teacher in the UK. We both would like to emigrate to Canada .

You said you got a teaching job in 5 weeks ! I thought that foreign teachers needed to retrain in Canada and pass/gain a Canadian teaching qualification ? - is this right or wrong ?

We've only just started looking into this route. Our idea was for my partner to be the principle applicant on a study visa and me to have an open work permit and support us both until he obtains Canadian teaching qualifications and gets a job.

Any info you or other forum members have would be very useful.

TIA,

Mark.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 1:45 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loser40
Hi Poppit...

Just need to ask you a question if I may.

My partner is a teacher in the UK. We both would like to emigrate to Canada .

You said you got a teaching job in 5 weeks ! I thought that foreign teachers needed to retrain in Canada and pass/gain a Canadian teaching qualification ? - is this right or wrong ?

We've only just started looking into this route. Our idea was for my partner to be the principle applicant on a study visa and me to have an open work permit and support us both until he obtains Canadian teaching qualifications and gets a job.

Any info you or other forum members have would be very useful.

TIA,

Mark.
You are not going to get many responses to your question on this thread, Mark, as the title is not linked to teaching and it is in any case a fairly old thread.

You would be much better off starting a thread of your own and asking that question directly so that teachers in Canada can answer.

The wiki can also help you with information or you could search for threads on teaching - these sort of questions have been asked a lot (and I should know because I am a teacher in the UK about to move to Canada!!)

PM poppit if you want to address a question to her because she may have unsubscribed from the thread after her last lost and may not see your question.

Hope this helps you get more response.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.