Wikiposts

Why the wait?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road
Default Why the wait?

I'm quite confused about what the wait is with our application.

We applied for PR in Feb 2005 and received our 90 day notice just before Christmas 2006. We submitted our updated details just before we moved over to New Brunswick in February 2007 on a temporary work permit.

We still haven't heard anything. We were expecting to hear something in March/April (just over 90 days!!). We are now nearly 9 months after the 90 day letter and starting to worry a little.

I've sent an updated contact address as we have now bought a house here, but they still had my parents address in England as a contact address while we got settled.

I have 2 years left on the work visa, so no immediate rush, but does anyone know when we can expect to hear something?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why the wait?

Originally Posted by claredobson

We applied for PR in Feb 2005 and received our 90 day notice just before Christmas 2006. We submitted our updated details just before we moved over to New Brunswick in February 2007 on a temporary work permit.

We still haven't heard anything. We were expecting to hear something in March/April (just over 90 days!!). We are now nearly 9 months after the 90 day letter and starting to worry a little.

I've sent an updated contact address as we have now bought a house here, but they still had my parents address in England as a contact address while we got settled.

I have 2 years left on the work visa, so no immediate rush, but does anyone know when we can expect to hear something?
Hi there,
you have a similar timescale to us we have a Dec 04 AOR. We got ur 90 letter around the same time, but i was pregnant at the time and that put us back a bit. Once the baby ws born we sent updated info and within a short while we got our med requests.
Maybe you should email them and tell tem of your corncerns as it does seem a long wait.
Good luck
julie
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 4:21 am
Just Joined

miti is an unknown quantity at this point

even we are march 2005 aor, update letter dec 2006 still no reply
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

In juggling all of the calls on their resources the visa offices must first process backlogged cases from pre-2002 which they neglected to do earlier in the hope that they could simply refuse them under the new immigration act. Because certain promises were made to parliament that were not kept they have been ordered to complete a whole class of applications by next August. Some posts will have a lot of these cases and will have to meet the court-ordered deadline at the expense of newer cases. Juggling all that with high priority PNP and spousal applications has been a challenge that is creating more backlogs. Complicating things is the fact that visa offices all have targets that limit how many visas they will issue each year so - hindmost is getting more hind!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:26 am
Just Joined

CanImmigrate.blogspot.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miti
you should check the CIC website to find out what is the 'normal' wait period and if you are over that period than you should contact them.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
In juggling all of the calls on their resources the visa offices must first process backlogged cases from pre-2002 which they neglected to do earlier in the hope that they could simply refuse them under the new immigration act. Because certain promises were made to parliament that were not kept they have been ordered to complete a whole class of applications by next August. Some posts will have a lot of these cases and will have to meet the court-ordered deadline at the expense of newer cases. Juggling all that with high priority PNP and spousal applications has been a challenge that is creating more backlogs. Complicating things is the fact that visa offices all have targets that limit how many visas they will issue each year so - hindmost is getting more hind!
and don't forget that most case officers are on or just returning from summer holidays... we are told this slows things by 50% through summer months.. but you haven't had a rejection or request for further documents so it's more than likely that your case officer has taken all of his vacation in one hit!! and then is freaking out at all the applications that go back two years.. watch the post..it's due with you any time.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi there,
you have a similar timescale to us we have a Dec 04 AOR. We got ur 90 letter around the same time, but i was pregnant at the time and that put us back a bit. Once the baby ws born we sent updated info and within a short while we got our med requests.
Maybe you should email them and tell tem of your corncerns as it does seem a long wait.
Good luck
julie
We have sent an email and a letter about four weeks ago, so here's hoping it will be soon!
Thanks Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by miti
Hopefully we will both be hearing soon! We understood since we had a work permit it should of all moved faster but who knows how it all works, we will just continut to play the waiting game!

Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CanImmigrate.blogspot.com
you should check the CIC website to find out what is the 'normal' wait period and if you are over that period than you should contact them.
Thanks for the advice. We have actually sent an email and letter so here's hopeing it will be soon!

Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

It seems odd to me that they would send out the 90 day notice unless of course they initially intended to work to this deadline, and then became aware of the backdated application deadline which has delayed things.

As I'm here on a work permit I was expecting that we would be 'fast-tracked' anyway so would have as much priority as anyone else so I am surprised that 9 months after the 90 day notice we still haven't heard anything. At least we haven't had a request for more info or been rejected so it could be worse than just waiting.

Hopefully they will get to us soon.

Thanks again for the reply.

Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:32 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claredobson

We had an AOR of Aug 05 and landed in NS on Jan 9th 2007 on a WP.

One week after landing we received a letter from CHC requesting up-to-date info. If you have a look at our timeline on my profile you will see that we now have our PR Visas. You are right to get back in touch with CHC as this seems like a long time since your paperwork was sent back.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
and don't forget that most case officers are on or just returning from summer holidays... we are told this slows things by 50% through summer months.. but you haven't had a rejection or request for further documents so it's more than likely that your case officer has taken all of his vacation in one hit!! and then is freaking out at all the applications that go back two years.. watch the post..it's due with you any time.
I certainly hope you are right and that we'll hear soon. Whilst we are over here anyway and loving every minute of it, it's always in the back of your mind that until you have PR anything can happen.

Thanks again

Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
We had an AOR of Aug 05 and landed in NS on Jan 9th 2007 on a WP.

One week after landing we received a letter from CHC requesting up-to-date info. If you have a look at our timeline on my profile you will see that we now have our PR Visas. You are right to get back in touch with CHC as this seems like a long time since your paperwork was sent back.
Hopefully the email and letter we've sent will speed things up. It would be great to get something in the post in the next week or two.

Thanks

Clare & Mark
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim, would the immigration office inform you if they had met their quota for this year and yours was not processed. We Had our 90 day update letter in March, returned the info in April but have heard nothing as yet. We applied under SW. Does anyone outside of the immigration office know how many applicants have been processed at any given time?

Many thanks Fi

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:06 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you had taken the immigration medical and they could not issue your visa this year they would tell you that they were intending to do so early in the next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.