Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Why request our passports when our Medicals run out a month later!

Why request our passports when our Medicals run out a month later!

Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

asiablue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why request our passports when our Medicals run out a month later!

QUERY - Our passports have been requested......great news, very happy BUT the confusion sets in........our medicals run out next month 31st July 2010!!

Now why would they request our passports when our medicals run out in a few weeks? Please could some one tell us, do you still need to re-do you medicals before you land in canada? also do we need to land in Canada before our medicals run out to activate visa then fly back to UK?

Also I initally understood that the main applicant could fly over and activate the visa??? Now we are being told that the whole family have to fly out to activate the visa not only that but my husband has not been given his start date for his job in canada, we are concerned that we will have to

a) re -do medicals before 31st July 2010
b) Fly out to activate visa before 31st July only to fly back its too much short notice!!

your told not to make any changes to your life until your visa stamp comes through and then WHAM it all happens at once, right well I am now waffling!! thats when you know its time to go to bed, someone help me understand this mess!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why request our passports when our Medicals run out a month later!

Hi
I would send them a case specific e-mail and request an extension. They tell you that they do not give extensions...but others on here have been given an extra 3 months to land...don't know their circs....but extensions can be given in some circumstances.
Good luck
Stef

Originally Posted by asiablue
QUERY - Our passports have been requested......great news, very happy BUT the confusion sets in........our medicals run out next month 31st July 2010!!

Now why would they request our passports when our medicals run out in a few weeks? Please could some one tell us, do you still need to re-do you medicals before you land in canada? also do we need to land in Canada before our medicals run out to activate visa then fly back to UK?

Also I initally understood that the main applicant could fly over and activate the visa??? Now we are being told that the whole family have to fly out to activate the visa not only that but my husband has not been given his start date for his job in canada, we are concerned that we will have to

a) re -do medicals before 31st July 2010
b) Fly out to activate visa before 31st July only to fly back its too much short notice!!

your told not to make any changes to your life until your visa stamp comes through and then WHAM it all happens at once, right well I am now waffling!! thats when you know its time to go to bed, someone help me understand this mess!!